Technical Product Manager
Packt creates and publishes books, video led on-demand courses, and live instructor led online courses, (with over 600 new titles a year and over 5000 to date), providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge and skills they need to succeed.
Packt currently offers its products primarily through B2C subscription and eCommerce transactions, but has a clear roadmap to also deliver its products at scale to corporate customers.
The B2B Technical Product Manager will work closely with the Head of Development and Chief Operating Officer, and alongside the Heads of eCommerce, Training, Subscription, and B2B Sales, to build and deliver an enterprise level solution for providing our products to businesses around the globe.
It is envisaged that a B2B identity and access management solution will sit alongside our eCommerce and LMS platforms, amongst others, to deliver the functionality required by corporate customers.
The B2B Technical Product Manager will be responsible for fully specifying the capabilities needed to deliver book, self paced, and live courses, into medium and large scale businesses, you will identify solutions/platforms that can integrate with our other platforms to provide a unified user experience that meets these specifications, and be part of the selection process to identify and contract the same.
Then, working alongside our implementation team, and the Product Managers for our LMS, eCommerce, and other platforms, you will ensure that the implementation of the solution is aligned with the specification. Taking responsibility subsequently for the evolution of the solution ensuring that ongoing development continues to meet the needs of our B2B clients and puts us at the leading edge of quality and innovation in terms of customer experience.
We?re looking for a Technical Product Manager, from a strong academic background, likely to be a former developer with strong technical capabiliities, you?ll be the sort of person who takes pride in engineering highly effective products, has a strong focus on customer-led decision making, and have a strong track record in preparing clear and concise technical and functional specifications.
- Fully specify the capabilities needed to deliver book, self paced course, and live courses, into medium and large scale around the globe.
- Identify solutions/platforms that meet the specifications and be part of the selection process to identify and contract the same.
- Ensure that the implementation of the solution is aligned with the specification.
- Meet delivery objectives by maintaining ongoing contact with development team and escalating issues that arise.
- Develop a continuously updated product roadmap including continuous review and evolution, ensuring that ongoing development continues to meet the needs of our B2B clients and to place us at the forefront of the marketplace.
- Assess market competition by comparing company?s product with competitors? products.
Work closely with all stakeholders (including in particular the owners of our other platforms which will have key inter-dependencies with any B2B solution) to ensure effective and efficient implementation.
Ensure that features are implemented correctly and work as expected.
Understand gaps in the market and requirements from existing and potential customers, the sales team, support, management, developers and partners.
Conduct user research, generating product development ideas, acting as product owner on new developments and educating the business on product capabilities, features and behaviours.
You will become the expert for the delivery platform for our B2B products and services, maintaining an in-depth knowledge, you will document and communicate product capabilities, and be able to answer questions from both the development teams and the business.
Assist with the on-boarding of customers as required.
- Experience of the implementation of a large scale B2B identity and access management solution is essential.
- Experience in the implementation of online learning and content delivery or a similar B2B product woulkd be an advantage, as would experience working in Agile teams and in digital publishing.
- You will be an experienced Product Owner with 2-3 years experience within an international business or team
- Experience conducting user research and transforming analysis into recommendations
- Adept at understanding product capabilities and breaking these down into well-formed user stories
- Skilled at communicating to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Experienced negotiator with ability to handle conflict
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled problem solver
Birmingham is a great base: a vibrant, modern city, with a rich history and a prosperous future.Our Birmingham office benefits from a great central location, with excellent transport links that reach far and wide, giving you great choice in places to visit and places to live.We work in an open plan environment, and have a fun, friendly and sociable culture full of a team of motivated people. Our company strives to be creative and is always looking for innovative ways of growing.
- 25 days basic annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution
- Casual Dress code
- Flexible Working Hours
- Childcare Vouchers scheme
- Bikes 4 work scheme
- Friday Beer Fridge
- Social Events
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496895