Senior Registered Children's Nurse
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Children's Nurse to join their team of staff in the Children Services department
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN8 or RNC) Registered Children’s Nurse level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Safeguarding children Level 3.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Significant Experience within an acute Children’s area or willing to undergo period of preceptorship.
- Paediatric Intermediate Life Support.
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to manage a nursing team, when needed.
- Experience working within a team model of nursing
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and enhancing the customer service and satisfaction of service users. Working within the Children and Young People (CYP) service in outpatients, day case care, or inpatients care, promoting and safeguard the well-being and interests of all CYP patients, employees and visitors, acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team.
- Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care, providing excellent standards of individual care.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- To ensure that standards of CYP patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Where appropriate, traveling between hospital sites working with paediatric consultants within the cluster group.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.