Lead PHP Developer (OO, Symfony, Agile, Linux, MySQL, JQuery)
An exciting opportunity for an excellent Lead PHP Developer to join a market-leading software company based in Central London.
You will work closely with the CTO, overseeing the overall architecture and long-term strategy of the platform, whilst still being very ?hands-on?, producing the very best code. The company has an agile development approach and continuous integration is carried out using SVN, Jira with Scrum board and daily stand ups.
- Understanding requirements & functional specifications.
- Coordinating with co-developers and other related departments.
- Provide task estimations and deliver quality code on time.
- Ensure all PHP code is suitable for automated unit testing and own code coverage.
- Participate in regular bug fixing.
- Keeping up to date with the latest server sire technologies.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Undertake Peer code reviews.
- Facilitate Pull / Merge requests from feature branches (version control).
- Maintain and ensure the stability of the master / trunk branch (version control).
- Deploy code on QA / UAT / Production environments (under instruction from the release manager).
- Coordinating with Project Manager, Support Manager, Release Manager and Product Owner
Solid experience of OO PHP including PHP 5.3 and above
- Solid experience of MVCframeworks including Symfony2 in particular
- Solid experience of database technologies including mySQL5.5 and above
- Experience using SQL query language.
- Experience using NoSQL databases (mongodb)
- Experience using JQuery, XML, JSON, SOAP
- Experience using unit testing tools (phpUnit).
- Experience using development tools (PHP_CodeSniffer, PHPMD, phpDocumentor)
- Experience using profiling software (xdebug, webgrind,KCachegrind)
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Experience using dependency management tools (such as Composer)
- Experience using Linux operating systems.
- Experience using Bash (shell) command line tools.
- Experience using Apache2 and Nginx web server software
- Good understanding of TDD(Test Driven Development)
- Experienced working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Please get in touch if you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity!
Church International Ltd (CIL) acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. CIL is a committed equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, however we may retain your details on our database for future opportunities. Candidate?s CVs will not be forwarded onto third parties without their consent.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497578