Global Service Engineer (1st line) - £50k Perm role in London
Global Service Engineer
Role and Responsibilities
1. Carry out the functions of the Tier 1 Service Desk with adherence to ITIL based processes and within the timeframes associated with the company's SLA agreement.
a. Front-end Incident Management; with a primary focus towards restoring services. i. Manage ticket routing to the appropriate support team. ii. Execute break/fix instructions iii. Gather and analyze information associated with the incident for escalation to other Tiers.
b. Monitoring of global technology environment; taking action when alerts are received.
c. Perform regularly scheduled tasks including Healthchecks, Service Validation and Reporting.
d. Filter incoming calls and requests to the appropriate IPC organization.
2. Participate in situational simulations and war games designed to validate Tier 1 capabilities inside and outside of normal operating parameters. 3. Additional lower-level functional tasks include: a. Manage the entire ticket lifecycle of all incidents; responsible for opening, tracking and closing incident tickets; ensuring problem ownership and promoting end-user satisfaction. b. Create tickets for all issues, incidents and requests received via phone call, email and chat. c. Classify incident and request severity and priority and manage tickets in accordance with Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) d. Create, manage and use troubleshooting or problem-isolation instructions to expedite and facilitate the identification and resolution of known issues.
1. Bachelorâ??s degree or equivalent with 1-3 years of front line technical support or related service experience.
2. Must possess general technical skill and knowledge.
3. Experience with IPC technologies, PBX or Voice Recording technologies is a plus.
4. High energy and motivated individual with prior work experience in an ITIL based culture.
5. Experience working with a wide array of individuals from end users to customer's business executives.
6. Excellent organizational skills with strong written and verbal communication.
7. Flexibility and willingness to work non-standard hours on occasion to meet customer demand
8. Demonstrable commitment to quality and customer service
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496515