Trading Standards Support Officer
KEY CORPORATE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives/targets.
- To participate in One to One Performance Development Reviews/Appraisals and contribute to the identification of your own and team development needs
- To actively promote the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy and Diversity Strategy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place.
- To ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 etc., the Council's Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
- To fully understand, and be aware of, the Council's commitment to the Section 17 duty of the Crime & Disorder Act 1998 to prevent crime and disorder.
- At the discretion of the Head of Service, such other activities as may from time to time may be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above.
KEY SERVICE RELATED ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To carry out the duties of a Support Officer and for that purpose to be suitably experienced and competent. This will include carrying out test purchases, planning community events, delivering presentations to groups, assisting officers with large scale operations including search warrants, providing witness statements to be included in prosecution files, attending the ports as directed by senior officers to obtain samples for analysis and/or inspection.
- To acquire a good working understanding of the ports inventory system and how to remove and place holds. This will also include some trawling of the system in an intelligence led manner to identify containers worthy of sampling.
- To respond to any Trading Standards referrals or requests for information promptly and within agreed timescales.
- To build knowledge of intelligence led working and be familiar with all relevant databases in relation to this.
- To assist with data entry into the various databases Trading Standards use for their duties. Including Uniform, IDB, and CRW. Ensuring that any records are properly cross referenced with appropriate attachments. Manipulate the data and present statistics as required.
- To use computerised and other information systems within the team ensuring appropriate steps are taken to protect data integrity and to comply with the IT policy.
- To have/develop a good knowledge base in relation to product safety, fraud, and consumer protection legislation.
- Any other duties appropriate to this area of work consistent with the level of the post, as may be required by the Principal Trading Standards Officer.
- In order to achieve operational objectives, the above-mentioned duties may involve working outside normal working hours.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498817