Agile Product Owner - c50k - Leeds
Are you an experienced Agile Product Owner? Are you well used to working within an Agile delivery environment? Are you a Scrum Master interested in working for the fastest growing online business in Yorkshire?
The Larson Group is currently recruiting an Agile Product Owner for a fantastic e-commerce business based in Leeds. The Product Owner is responsible for leading systems change in line with business requirements. The Product Owner will act as a proxy for the customer, utilising and prioritising customer insight and feedback to maximising the value to the customer whilst improving internal efficiencies.
The Product Owner will be responsible for managing deliverables with all relevant parties during and throughout the project/sprints and will manage the overall relationship between the business and IT to ensure all systems change is delivered during the project/Sprint.
Responsible for defining and prioritising the Work Stack for the designated system essentially to streamline the execution of programme priorities.
- The Product Owner has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the squads, including participation in Product management meetings and Release Planning. Along with authority for the full definition and return on investment (ROI), aligning to the wider vision and mission for the area, which falls into the remit of the Head of Department.
- Creates and maintains the Product Backlogs by scoping and identifying requirements and prioritising activities.
- Prioritise and sequence the Backlog according to business criteria. Ensure the Backlog is sequenced prior to the Sprint Planning Meeting and prioritising each user story/change (aligned to business criteria).
- Elaborations on Epics, themes and Features (the Why, the customer journey and the output deliverables). Sorts into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint. User Stories are elaborated at the last responsible moment and it is the Product Owners responsibility to be there during the Sprint Planning meeting to help the teams to understand exactly what is required, and to work with the to help write user stories which are adequate for the development team.
- Convey the vision & goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint to the squads ensuring each party is aware of what the intended outcome is, and what the focus needs to be and pick up any efficiency.
- The Product Owner must continuously engage the customer (internal and external) and stakeholders to ensure the Team is building the right product and therefore delivering the ROI expected of it. The Product owner has the opportunity to steer the team in a different direction at the end of every Sprint.
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Each of the Scrum ceremonies is an opportunity for the Product owner to inspect and adapt, therefore attendance at these is tantamount to success.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every iteration (every 2-6 weeks depending on sprint) and has complete authority to accept or reject work done, work that either is not complete or un-done needs to be re-prioritised or sequenced.
- The Product Owner is in complete control and can steer the team in a completely different direction at Sprint boundaries
- The Product Owner is the voice of the Team to the outside world and should ensure that all channels of communication are open and that the projects/.sprints have the right amount of support required to succeed
- Terminates an iteration if it is determined that a drastic change in direction is required
- Responsible for establishing KPIs to focus on delivery and to enable benefits realisation
- Leading sprint reviews and encouraging the sharing of progress between all stakeholders in the squad
- Participating in Product Owner working groups, sharing best practice and experiences
- To undertake any other duties as specified from time to time in accordance with business requirements.
- Must have Software Development Background
- Relevant professional qualification at degree level or equivalent business/sector experience
- Knowledge of working within an Agile Delivery environment utilising methods such as Scrum, XP
- Proven ability in managing third party introducers and suppliers
- Proven ability to manage multiple product lines
- Experience managing, tracking, reporting and ratifying multimillion pound budgetary spend
- Detailed understanding of drivers of profitability, risk and reward
- Demonstrable strategic thinking and commercial acumen
- Commitment to developing a "Can Do" culture
- Proven ability to build networks of contacts who can contribute to success
- Experienced in customer led product prototyping
Keywords - Product Owner / Scrum Master / Product Manager / Agile Product Delivery /
For more information please call Ben Summersgill on *************
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number 06110626. Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is 916 0028 57. Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business. For more information on Larson Resource Group please review our website *********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492933