Systems Developer / SQL Developer / NET Developer
Job title: Systems Developer
Location: Dunstable, Beds
Salary: Up to £33,187
Plus Benefits: Defined Benefit Pension, Employee Assistance Programme
Free Car Parking, Subsidised Refectory and onsite Gym
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: Noon, Tuesday 5th December 2017
Main Purpose of the Role
The job holder will play a lead technical role in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of in-house information systems and reporting, enabling the College to effectively use data to improve the quality of teaching and learning, retention and achievement rates.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- To work closely with the Senior Management Team, Curriculum Department Heads and Support Staff Heads to identify areas where in-house information systems will improve specific departmental functions or contribute towards the improvement in the quality of teaching and learning.
- In conjunction with the Head of MIS, for each area of development, to produce a project brief incorporating the system details, outcomes, timelines etc.
- Developing in-house systems in accordance with the project brief
- Training relevant personnel on the use of in-house systems
- Developing new reports
- Producing system documentation to support in-house systems, detailing processes and coding detail
- In conjunction with the Head of MIS and relevant personnel, evaluating in-house systems following implementation and carrying out post implementation amendments.
- To ensure all in-house systems have a high level of accessibility and are DDA compliant
- Integrate in-house systems with new and existing 3rd party systems
- Use professional standards and practice for the design, documentation, planning and execution of software/Application design and development activities
- Ensure thorough system testing is conducted prior to a system going live.
- Good all round education to include qualifications at Degree level
- A minimum of two years working in an educational establishment (Desirable)
- Experience of using Unit-e, Pro-Resource, Pro-Monitor and Pro-Metrix
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Sharepoint/Sharepoint Online administration/management
- Good understanding of Webhosting platforms and CMS
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work and multiple priorities
- Gather and analyse information skilfully
- Ability to develop alternative solutions to problems
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- Able to identify improvements to systems and processes and provide workable solutions
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Contribute to building a good Team spirit and supports Team to succeed
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others
- Ability to present numerical data effectively to staff at all levels
- Respond promptly to customer needs and meets commitments in a timely manner
- Work with integrity and uphold College values
- Works within approved budget and develops cost saving measures
- Demonstrates persistence and ability to overcome obstacles
- Develop realistic action plans and uses time efficiently
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working.
- Knowledge of working in a Further Education College
- Knowledge of using Management information Systems
- Knowledge of SFA, EFA and HEFCE Funding methodologies
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of using DSaT reports to ensure accuracy of data (Desirable)
- General knowledge of office procedures and administration
- Ability to collect and record data, showing a high level of attention to detail (Desirable)
- Microsoft Office applications to at least intermediate level
All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495723