Lead Field Engineer - Installation
Installation Lead Engineer
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Jield Operations as 'Area Installation Lead Engineer' in which you will be working on a high profile Underground Rail Project. Ideally this role will be suited to an individual with a project background. The Installation Lead Engineer will report to the Installation Delivery Manager and will be working for an Area Project Manager.
The main dependencies will be the Design of the System, the delivery of the materials and the civil works. Once the Installation completed, you will help to organise the handover of your area work to the Testing and Commissioning team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Excellent Safety culture maintained across group
- Ensure all assigned work is completed to schedule, to budget and to quality
- Ensure that sub-contractors' work in the allocated area is adequately monitored and controlled and the appropriate documentation is produced.
- Ensure that Subcontractors have the required information, materials, Design, IRC (Installation Readiness Certificate), CAF (Clearance Application Form) and Technical documentation in cooperation with the Installation Technical Manager and the Installation Technical team.
- Ensure that Subcontractor is not installing equipment without an IRC.
- Technical decisions to be taken in cooperation with the Installation Technical Manager and his Team.
- Contractual and commercial decisions & variation to the scope of installation to be taken in cooperation and with the approval of the Installation Delivery Manager.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive and embed the Installation focused on cost, quality and timely delivery with maximum utilisation of engineering time or weekend closures.
- Ensure that sub-contractors' work in the allocated area is adequately monitored and controlled and the appropriate documentation is produced. Ensure that Subcontractors have the required information, materials and Technical documentation in cooperation with the Installation Technical Manager. Monitor closely the progress of the Subcontractor with key indicators.
- Populate weekly dashboard with status KPI data in cooperation with the Subcontractors
- Manage Weekly Progress meeting and participate to Management Meeting with Subcontractors.
- Ensure strict adherence of the Subcontractor to the SOW, BOM, Schedule, working processes and procedures as defined in SSR Installation documents.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Collect all ITP and PICO documentation on time
- In cooperation with the Installation Technical Manager formally manage the hand-over of PICO documents for a SER area and/or Migration area with the Testing and Commissioning Team. Monitor adherence to hand-over and hand-back procedures.
- Ensure rework cycles are minimised and lessons learnt deployed
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and manage the change as appropriate
- Identify training needs of the team and manage / track required competency
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Construction and/or Installation, Signalling Testing background.
- Excellent communication skills
- Substantial Railway or construction experience
- Project Management experience
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496412