System Management/ITSM Senior Technician
The team support infrastructure event monitoring & alerting, application performance management services and the IT Service Management application for a leading retail bank. The Senior Technician will be responsible for the operation, management and maintenance of a wide range of system management toolsets and processes.
- The configuration, maintenance and support of Systems Management toolsets, applications and processes i.e. Infrastructure monitoring & alerting toolsets (BMC Patrol), ITSM and Capacity Management toolsets and Application monitoring & alerting (App Dynamics)
- Providing technical expertise and support to the application toolsets as they are adopted
- Providing technical input to the development of monitoring solutions, including standards and requirements * Providing technical guidance to customers and stakeholders, ensuring that standards are understood and complied with
- Developing and maintaining awareness of new technologies, standards & best practices
- Managing own workload, ensuring work is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality
- Leading and supporting the resolution of issues & risks
- Fully involved in internal improvement initiatives to develop the overall capability of the team
We need you to have (Essential for the role)
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems
- Scripting capabilities
- An understanding of systems management technologies and how these can be applied to gain business advantage
- Exposure to risk and control concepts
It would be desirable for you to have experience working in System Admin or Platform engineer or experience working as a sys admin or platform engineer, experience in Programming experience in Shell, Perl, POWERSHELL or/and experience in/exposure to implementation of monitoring & alerting of infrastructure & application components
On top of salary you will recieve 25 days holidays + 9 public holidays, bonus, excellent pension....
Please send your CV on the first instance to discuss further.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497828