Senior Rail Engineering Manager
Senior Rail Engineering Manager
Location - London
Project - HS2
Salary - £85,000-95,000 per annum plus car and additional benefits including annual bonus, medical and pension
My client is the development Partner to HS2 and is looking for someone to work under the Project Director in a Senior Rail Engineering Manager position. This senior position will report directly to the Project Director and will work within a team of rail related disciplines to support the Infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of studies, all stages of Engineering Design for projects around the world.
Job responsibilities include:
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Build, strengthen, guide and mentor the project engineering team
- Extensive experience of undertaking and managing self-perform rail design from feasibility to detailed design (including as-builts)
- Experience in providing support to the other departments through commissioning and Brining Into Use.
- Extensive knowledge of field engineering, construction and testing & commissioning (T&C) activities.
- Able to support whole life-cycle costings and feasibility assessments.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering for the project in collaboration with contracts, procurement, construction and T&C
- Manages work using appropriate 3-D CAD tools.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of current trends and implements this into practices and procedures.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment or works.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Provides engineering support to proposal documents.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
- Support, as requested, the planning and coordination of non-project rail systems engineering work for the Infrastructure business unit.
- Knowledge of Rail Systems (RS) is expected. RS is defined as all railway infrastructure fixed equipment, including track, overhead line, signalling, telecommunications, control centre and on-board/mobile signalling and telecommunications equipment.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required include:
- Ability to present complex matters (simplified) for Stakeholders, senior management and peers.
- Proven track record in delivering projects >£500m to budget and on schedule.
- Ability to develop the engineering baseline (scope, cost plan, schedule and execution strategy).
- Experience in managing value engineering exercises where savings have been materialised.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Knowledge of CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129.
- Understands the application of Engineering Department Procedures, relevant Bechtel design guides.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of BIM (minimum, Level 2)
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
If this is the job for you than please apply now or please refer anyone that maybe interested and we will reward you with a cash fee of up to £500.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Sam Wilson on ************
We looki forward to hearing from you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498616