Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Our prestigious client is one of the biggest B2B brands on the planet developing building a Cloud Computing Platform for this publishing business to deliver online products through a true Software As A Services (SaaS) architecture.
This is a key position in the Global IT Infrastructure Team responsible for the technical administration, configuration and planning of operational systems, including (but not limited to) Active-Directory, The Microsoft Exchange email system, Desktop OS and build environment, Security Systems (including Anti-Virus), and the file and print environment. To Assist and complete operational tasks, data management, incident logging, reporting, systems monitoring, systems testing and disaster recovery as required. Providing proactive recommendations, high quality support and development services and the successful delivery of both IT and business projects within the global business. Working with the Infrastructure Manager to Architect new solutions in relation to meet ever changing business needs as well as enhancements to the current IT Infrastructure.
Provide a third line point of escalation for appropriate global infrastructure solutions to include design and selection of storage, data centre and client/server environments.
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server experience
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 Server experience
- Microsoft Collaboration Tools SharePoint & Lync
- LANDesk Management Suite
- Cloud Technologies, Windows Azure, AWS, One Login, Barracuda Backup/Skype For Business
- VMWare Server & Desktop virtualisation technologies
- Laptop Encryption and Client Security experience
- Microsoft Active-directory Expert
- Networking (LAN, WAN, VPN, RAS, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS) experience
- Exposure to Cisco Equipment (Hubs/Switches/Routes/Firewalls/VPN) (Preferred)
- Exposure to HP and Dell servers
- SAN Technologies, HP left Hand, EMC
- Exposure to Dell laptops/desktops/servers
- Exposure to Lenovo laptops and desktops
- Exposure to ITSM Remedy
- Use of Message Labs, ForcePoint.
- Netwrix Systems Management
- Solarwinds and Splunk
- Security Management and Penetration testing tool set
- SQL Server Systems Administrator
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
- Our Client is NOT a TIER 2 VISA SPONSOR hence applicants requiring sponsorship cannot apply.
- This role requires EU travel and hence only EU Nationals can be considered for this role. Visa holders cannot be considered due to restrictions to UK working.
- Applicants MUST be in the UK and within easy commute of Chiswick, West London or be fully prepared to relocate.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496209