Michael Page are recruiting for a Junior Merchandiser for a fashion retailer based in the North West looking to expand their team.
My client is a cool, fashion brand looking for a talented Assistant Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser ready for the next move.
The Junior Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, sales and profit targets
- Monitor performance against plan, taking appropriate action to maximise sales and profit and reduce stock holding whilst increasing stock turn
- Maximise winners and reduce risk in order to achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Review, propose and implement mark-down activity to reduce terminal stock whilst analysing action taken on mark-downs to maximise profit
- Communicate trading issues and forecasts with proposed actions to senior management and Buyer
- Develop and agree plans in partnership with the Buyer that achieve sales and profit targets and implement the agreed departmental strategy
- In conjunction with the Buyer, agree a framework with Merchandising and Buying directors within which a balanced, commercial and profitable range is built
- Evaluate market and customer information together with historical data and forward trends to develop the department's phased plans
The successful candidate will need the following skills:
- System skills (SAP, Microsoft Office-Outlook, Excel to Intermediate/Advanced level)
- Critical path management.
- Sales Analysis and Forecasting.
- WSSI Management.
- Preferably educated to degree level with min. GCSE Math's B grade.
- Experience in merchandising in a fast-moving retail environment.
- Preferably stores and eCommerce Experience.
Competitive Salary and Package
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77477008