Systems Engineer - HVAC
Systems Engineer - HVAC
Our Vision is to be Europe?s most loved travel experience. In the world of train travel, Eurostar has been at the leading edge of innovation from day one, back in 1994. Throughout our journey, travellers have been at the centre of everything we do and we've been pioneers in more ways than one. Since we started, we've carried over 140 million passengers. We take thousands of people a day to Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland® Paris and more, and we also run much-loved seasonal trains to the South of France in summer and the French and Swiss Alps for skiing in the winter. As for the future, we're reaching out to new destinations all the time, setting our sights further and bringing more and more European cities closer together.
From finance to customer service, operations to public relations, it takes a wide range of exciting roles to make Eurostar who we are. Our roles contribute to improving our customer experience in one form or another, and will create the opportunity for you to further develop your skills and your career.
The rolling stock engineering team manages and approves all changes to the trains, their maintenance regime and the running configuration for all of its fleets. As the HVAC, WC Systems and Galley Equipment specialist you will represent (or lead) the engineering team on all associated issues. You will have the chance to investigate the root cause, design & develop solutions and then plan and manage the implementation. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with team members of all levels including Senior management and department heads. Duties will include (but are not limited to):
We are looking for someone to...
- Pro-actively manage safety events in your designated function and make recommendations for mitigation in a timely manner. Be responsible owner for the event until closure.
- Assess the impact of proposed derogations in your designated function and provide technical advice to authorising engineer
- Produce engineering specifications and reports on failures, safety events or recommendations for any other improvement.
- Build and maintain solid relationships within the organisation. Particularly with operations, production staff and procurement.
- Manage suppliers ? be the technical lead and contact, carry out audits, first article inspections and be present for expertise, if required.
- Review Engineering Change requests from OEM and drive them through the EIL engineering change procedure.
Experience and skills required
We are looking for someone who...
- Is technically competent. Ability to understand schematics and specification documents
- Has a relevant Engineering Degree ? or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Has knowledge and understanding of Air conditioning principles
- Has excellent organisation skills and ability to manage own workload
- Has experience of working in a safety critical environment (Railway / Nuclear / Aerospace)
- Is a member of an Engineering Institution ? CEng/IEng (or actively working towards)
- Has experience of maintaining or working with Air conditioning systems
- Is willing to travel (short continental trips required, i.e. France and Germany 1-3 days)
- Has Rolling Stock Engineering Experience
When you work for Eurostar, you?ll demonstrate our core values ? Connected: Building lasting bonds with customers by going further. Working as one team across borders. Ambitious: Striving every day to be better at what we do. Embracing change and exceeding expectations. Caring:Insisting on delivering the highest standards for our customers. Treading lightly as we go.
WHY WORK FOR US
A chance to be part of a diverse, vibrant and inspiring culture that is connected, caring and ambitious.
Benefits we offer
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounts on London Underground Travel
- Free Eurostar tickets
- Discounts on European rail travel
- Extensive Training Programmes
If you think you are a great match for the skills we are looking for, please get in touch we would love to hear from you!
Eurostar is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496468