Front End Developer, (React, Angular, Node JS) London, £40-£50k
URGENT- PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK
Location: London, Oxford Circus
Commutable from: West London, South London, East London, North London, Hertfordshire, Essex, Surrey, Kent
Our client, an International media agency specialising in healthcare, who ensure they meet their clients objectives on a global scale by establishing the bigger picture and then providing relevant strategies that utilises local knowledge. They are currently seeking multiple Front End developers with a fully front-end focus, as the business continues to grow rapidly.
They are looking for someone who values understanding the business and challenges faced in a creative agency. Working closely with the creative, content, and IT teams, you will essentially work on web based applications including tailored internal e-learning and webcast solutions as well as public facing publishing websites and marketing tools across global organizations. The role also offers opportunities to work on desktop or mobile applications, across a large range of technologies.
- You know the difference between graphic design and front-end development.
- You know how to create, share and emphasise designs for interactive user journeys ? wireframes, mockups, animations and interactive prototypes.
- You understand that front-end development is as much about engineering as it is about creativity.
- You know how to structure and organise your code to maintain a clean logical distinction between content, presentation and behaviour. You understand the value of unit tests and integration testing, and how to apply these techniques in your projects.
- You have experience of working in an agile environment. You know how to collaborate with UX designers, back-end developers, testers and business stakeholders to deliver working software in rapid iterations.
- You understand accessibility, performance, progressive enhancement and responsive design.
Skills & Requirements for Front End Developer:
- Excellent track record of user experience, usability and interaction design.
- Familiarity with metalanguages and preprocessors like TypeScript, CoffeeScript and SASS/SCSS
- Experience using GIT or similar revision control systems. Specific experience with GitHub and the GitHub flow collaboration model would be an advantage.
- Experience working as part of an agile team, using patterns like scrum, lean or kanban. You?ve contributed to sprint planning meetings, you?ve done daily standups, you?ve written stories and acceptance criteria, you?ve participated in code reviews and sprint retrospectives.
- Experience creating, maintaining and using style guides and reusable components to minimise development time and promote visual consistency across multiple applications
- Experience with building accessible websites and knowledge of WCAG
Summary of skills for the Front End Developer :
- Metalanguages: Typescript, Coffeescript, SASS and SCSS
- Revision Control Systems: GIT, GitHub and GitHub flow
- Unit Testing, Testing Framework
- Knowledge of WCAG
- Agile experience
- Great passion and communication
Benefits for the Front end Developer:
- 25 days holiday- Excluding 8 public holidays each year
- Birthday off
- Private Healthcare
- Onsite gym
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme up to £1,000
- Excellent canteen facilities
- Team nights out
- Highly competitive salaries
- Flexible Working hours to suit your circumstances when necessary & Family Friendly Policies
- Locally negotiated discounts
- Life Assurance X4
- Childcare Vouchers
Our client offers a truly refreshing working environment for a Front End Developer including: flexible working hours, standard working hours 10am-5pm, some home working, casual dress code, onsite gym and games room and great benefits. This is an amazing opportunity to join a major force in the Internet arena industry, with a proud heritage, an enduring legacy and a promising future.
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR A FRONT END DEVELOPER
Please apply only if you currently reside or have a work permit to work in the UK. Interviews will take place within days of application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497369