Integration and Security Engineer
Integration and Security Engineer
Location: Helston Cornwall
Reporting to the Head of Service Infrastructure, you will work collaboratively with our Operations, Design and Product teams as a subject matter expert influencing and developing MNO integration solutions.
- The role will focus on supporting the design and integration of complex multi-environment projects throughout the development lifecycle including PoC and escalation support.
- Supporting Pre-Sales and the Solution Engineering teams you will understand and own the challenges presented integrating MNO services with a satellite backhaul solution so previous experience of satellite technology would be advantageous.
- Implement continuous testing of service infrastructure to support our security policy.
- Act as subject matter expert on all matters of infrastructure security.
- Ensure security elements are considered and best practice applied during project development and implementation.
- Provide support to key management stakeholders as the infrastructure technical security champion.
- Define technical requirements and best practice aligned with Operational functions.
- Evaluate new security services and implement enhancements as part of our continual service improvement policy.
- Assist with incident investigations and the implementation of mitigating controls to known risks and threats.
- Design systems to complete evaluation through testing of new infrastructure prior to its introduction into services.
- Support third-party service testing and resulting actions.
Skills and Qualifications
As a senior engineer you will confidently demonstrate an excellent understanding of the architecture & design of:
- Mobile Data Core architecture - 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Mobile Voice Core architecture - 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Mobile Network Service Control layer and Messaging
- RAN - 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Multi-vendor eNodeB configuration and integration
- Traffic Enforcement/Management Solutions
- IP & Transmission
- Extensive mobile telecoms engineering experience with a proven record of working on complex projects across multiple domains as a technical lead with responsibility for the end to end deliverable.
- Able to demonstrate the ability and adaptability to identify and describe complex technical solutions and challenges to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively manage and build relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders.
- The ability and willingness to learn new engineering principles and processes and affectively apply knowledge learned.
- Extensive experience mobile telephony security core disciplines such as vulnerability management, risk mitigation and log management.
- The technical capability to define and implement best practice tools.
- A network qualification such as CCNP or equivalent experience working at a senior technical level.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Strong working knowledge of LINUX and Open Source tools.
- Ability to influence and evangelise security best practice across the technical engineering teams.
- An excellent understanding of security and regulatory best practice.
- A good understanding of RF system architecture & RF lab measurements.
- A good understanding of test methodology and test system automation.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience for this role then do not hesitate and click apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494366