Junior Web Developer
Client: Leading British Retailer
Position: Junior Content Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Our Client is currently looking for a Junior Web Design & Developer to join their team in Bracknell for an initial 3 month contract with possible extensions. Youll assist in building and producing compelling customer facing interactive designs for a range of their websites.
This role would ideally suit someone with 1 year of eCommerce design experience.
· Plan, schedule and build work to Trading team on time and presented to the highest standard, within the Clients design values and provide specialist design advice as required by other departments
· Creating & Translating PSD designs to create highly visual, functional and engaging pages/assets while maintaining cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device compatibility, web accessibility standards and graceful degradation.
· Test and learn design development across a variety of areas across site to inform future continuous site improvements.
· Work alongside online designer. Monitor design standards and ensure sign off through to the implementation from build using HTML, managing CSS and Java script for all work produced, building into a staging environment and then into live.
· Maintain clear communication with the Design team, providing creative and technical guidance to wider stakeholders.
· Managing the archive and filing systems within the Design team and ensuring process in place for wider team implementation and editing.
· 1 year eCommerce design experience
· Strong understanding of JQuery
· Understanding in how to optimize for browsers and related performance issues.
· Experience with version control & Git
· A portfolio displaying your recent work
· Preferably a Design Degree or Computer Science related field
If you feel you are a suitable fit for this position then please do apply below!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493946