Senior Category Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Midlands based FMCG business in a brand new role Senior Category Manager role. You'll take responsibility for proactively developing retail focused category plans.
Our client is well known FMCG company based in the Midlands. As they continue to grow, a clear focus is required to sharpen the relationships with retail customers - the Category team play a key role in delivering this alongside the other commercial functions. The business offers truly outstanding career progression and opportunities.
The Senior Category Manager will be responsible for proactively leading the development of retailer focused category plans for their allocated retailer. They will work closely with Brand Managers and Retail Account Managers, recommending new business opportunities to increase sales. The Senior Category Manager will make recommendations through the evaluation of range, pricing, promotions and NPD in order to develop the portfolio strategy and innovation pipeline.
They will be build strong relationships with their key retail partner in order to drive existing business and maximise new opportunities. They will successfully target and launch categories into retailers and will be the voice of the category both internally and externally. They will also play a key role in mentoring the category team.
The successful Senior Category Manager will:
- have demonstrable Category experience and working within a branded environment
- have experience of taking ownership of relationships with a key retail partner
- be a strategic thinker and have a commercial mind-set
- have strong communication & stakeholder relationship skills, as well as leadership skills
- be able to analyse information in order to make strategic decisions & recommendations
- be well organised & able to deliver to deadlines
- have bags of tenacity and drive
Excellent salary + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494277