Mechanical Project Engineer
£50,000 PA based on a 3 year fixed-term contract
Working for a market leading, global packaging provider based in Birmingham. The Mechanical Project Engineer will have responsibility for developing costed design scheme proposals, project planning and acting as lead site engineer to implement and commission large project in such a way as to create the minimum of disruption to the productivity of the plant. This challenging position would be ideal for someone with a methodical approach who enjoys finding engineering solutions that are outside of the box. Someone that thrives on pressure during intensive commissioning phases. The company offer a competitive salary, Pension contributions up to 6%, 25 non statutory holiday allowance and exposure to cutting edge technology.
Mechanical Project Engineer job description and duties:
- Assess project requirements, develop designs and take part in the procurement process.
- Lead the implementation of mechanical installation projects in a process driven environment including contractor control, installation and commissioning, project supervision and control.
- Produce proposals and cost estimates.
- Project planning and integration.
- Co-ordinating commissioning, producing documentation.
Mechanical Project Engineer Experience/Qualifications required:
- HND/Degree level.
- Demonstrable experience in Mechanical Engineering/Projects.
- Experience in a heavy industry process background would be useful i.e. steel, paper etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494842