Civil & Construction Technical Trainer
We are seeking applicants who hold a minimum of HNC in civil and construction expertise to research, design and deliver technical certificates in our training facilities. Industry experience is preferred although not mandatory. Previous teaching experience is not essential as training will be provided, however candidates must be prepared to work towards attaining a teaching qualification.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To teach up to and including level 4.
* To carry out research and product development for new qualifications in line with customer demand.
* To design bespoke Technical Training Courses to customer specifications.
* To supervise or assist with supervision of students.
* To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
* To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
* To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
* To provide pastoral care and support to students.
* To participate in the administration of the department's programmes of study and other activities as requested.
* To contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
* To maintain own continuing professional development.
* To actively follow and promote policies, including Equal Opportunities.
* To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
Skills and Experience:
* A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
* Evidence of ability to teach technical certificates and to supervise students
* Minimum of HNC or equivalent.
* Time-served craftsperson (Desirable)
* Experience of delivery at similar level
* Ability to assess student work
* Curriculum Design
If interested, contact Paul Smith on ************* or email ******************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959491083