Maritime Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Maritime Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer.
Based in Havant, the successful candidatewill be responsible for the operational and system analysis and design of system integration solutions for maritime opportunities and programmes. This will include:
- Requirements assessment and management, support to design of system and support systems infrastructure, technical impact assessment, design baseline synthesis and control.
- Support to System Architects in development of system solutions.
- Planning and control of own work and of any assigned engineering team.
- Conduct of operational analysis and performance of Concept and Assessment Phase design studies on behalf of internal/external customers.
- Support to the conduct of internal and customer-funded research and development studies.
- Support to development of Systems Architecture and Technology Roadmaps. Assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems and embodiment of COTS/MOTS solutions.
- Interaction with potential and actual customers, suppliers and team-mates.
- Systems input to subsystem specifications and interface requirement specifications.
- Presentation at internal and independent design/study reviews.
- Preparation and delivery of proposal material.
- Technical input to programme management and cost estimation teams.
- Technical risk assessment and reduction, including assessment of TPMs and TRLs.
Additional / Occasional Duties and Tasks:
- Experience in Electronic Warfare (EW) projects within the military maritime business area.
- Maritime Electronic Warfare system architecture development capability.
- The candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- The candidate will be capable of developing and communicating a vision for maritime programmes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with extensive professional experience. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, and test of Maritime Electronic Warfare (EW )Systems especially Radar and Communication Electronic Support Measure (ESM) Systems.
- A good knowledge of other Maritime systems that integrate with Electronic Warfare Systems including sensors, combat system, effectors.
- Previous maritime Systems Engineering experience.
- Current knowledge of Defence and IMO Standards.
Candidates should ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance prior to applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494166