My client is seeking Project Engineers from all disciplines to work on a high value construction project on a nuclear licensed site. Live SC clearance is essential for this work.
- Monitor daily work activities and reporting progress and issues of concern to the Construction Manager
- For ensuring that company management systems and processes and CDM requirements are adhered to
- Ensure that all works are installed and executed in accordance with the contract documents
- Monitor onsite interfaces and coordinate tasks to alleviate both health and safety risks as well as unnecessary financial costs and delays to the project
- For ensuring that the required quality/workmanship standards are met and
- Ensuring right first time delivery in line with contract documentation/specifications
- To maintain an accurately detailed daily site diary of site conditions, progress and the resources available to undertake the work activities throughout the construction phase
- For providing input to Weekly Reports which include Site Safety Inspections, Quality Control, Test Inspection Plans, Defect Notices, Deliveries [accepted or rejected] for the project
- For promoting good practice of material sustainability (reuse and/or recycle) initiatives to reduce waste and save costs
- For ensuring that where applicable, contractor's operatives are competent, qualified and licensed to undertake their work activities correctly and that all plant and equipment used is tested, maintained and certified as specified
- For monitoring and recording specific or specialist deliveries to site to ensure that the condition of the load meets the standard, that the items are handled correctly, packaging is intact and that storage facilities are appropriate. Required protection is provided and correct handling techniques are applied at all times
- For undertaking all necessary checks to ensure that installed services and equipment can be reasonably and safely maintained
- Actively participate in the project hand over process and ensure that appropriate documental evidence is provided to the Construction Manager
- To supervise specific requirements on construction sites for all matters of Health, Safety, Environmental Quality and Security, Ensure controls are undertaken by the contractors in line with the agreed scope of works for all construction activities being undertaken
- Able to organise and execute complex construction projects and analyse results.
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to Chair a PLOW.
- People and process management skills.
- Needs a good understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments, safety systems, safety cases and SSoW.Experience:
- · Practical construction experience is essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492240