Machine Learning Specialist - Robotics
Machine Learning Specialist - Robotics - Permanent - Bristol - Excellent Salary
Our client is seeking candidates with a deep learning and a computer vision background who are ready to apply this technology and break new ground. The role will require candidates to develop and apply deep learning based analysis for large image processing challenges and live robot analysis of complex scenes. The latter is currently pushing state of the art boundaries and we seek candidates who are excited by this challenge. Experience with robotic systems and concepts such as localisation and mapping is highly desirable but not essential. Robotic acquisition (AUV, UGV and UAV) of data is an essential enabler for our analysis and candidates will be expected to liaise with the wider robotics and autonomy team. This position has innovation at its heart. This is your chance to be at the forefront of applying deep learning technology to a host of new robotics and data processing applications including Mars Exploration.
Tasks will include support for novel system concept design, integration and test for both space and non-space applications. In addition to concept development and engineering tasks, candidates will be expected to present and communicate any work undertaken in both commercial and academic environments.
- Support for novel system concept design
- Integration and test for applications
- Concept development and engineering tasks
- Present and communicate any work undertaken in both commercial and academic environments
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field or a M.Sc, level with 2+ years of applied experience.
- Experience in Machine / Deep Learning and the implementation of algorithms for real-world problems (ideally using libraries such as Tensorflow and Caffe )
- Proficiency in at C++, Python, and Java (secondary), on Linux and Windows platforms
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Blumix, Google etc.) is desirable but not essential
- A thirst for innovation
- Ability to work autonomously and technically interact with customer representatives
- Ability to interpret and write Technical Documentation
- Ability to integrate easily into the existing team, both technically and socially
- Ability to travel - Full UK Driving License is desirable but not essential
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492922