Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line)
I am currently on the hunt for an Experienced Service Desk Analyst to join my client - One of the worlds largest independent renewable energy companies.
As a 2nd Line Desktop Support Analyst you will be responsible for end to end support and operation of the IT systems within the Group. By partnering with end-users and technology groups, the Analyst ensures all incidents are analysed, resolved, and reported back within agreed time frames. The role will support the IT group to develop and implement IT initiatives and continual improvements that align with the vision and business objectives. The successful candidate will work closely with the newly formed global IT team as well as the business to develop and support the end user computing environment along with any dependencies as required.
Key accountabilities :
- To provide excellent 1st and 2nd line support, issue resolution and request fulfilment, and deployment of IT equipment to our user-base via telephone, remote technologies, in-person channels, and occasional on-site visits.
- Taking a lead in the reporting and monitoring of service desk and support using uptime and ticket-related performance metrics, tracking and reporting open and closed incidents / requests to leadership teams.
- Ensure all incidents are resolved and requests fulfilled in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Assisting and mentoring 1st line Analysts.
- Partnering with IT and business personnel to discuss the impact of incidents on products and services.
- Giving advice and guidance on user impacting changes. Improve and enhance the call resolution, user documentation, policies, troubleshooting guides, knowledgebase and internal procedures within IT.
- Contributing to the development of business support standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for incident and change management.
- Contributing to the development of service strategy to mitigate software, hardware networking issues and work on assigned projects.
- Proactively enhancing own knowledge of new products and service technologies, as well as assisting with the development of 1st line Analysts
- Taking ownership and accountability for escalated requests and incidents.
- Extensive Microsoft Operating Systems
- Expertise with ITILv3 or related service delivery frameworks
- Good understanding of networking
- Excellent Microsoft Active Directory
- Desktop PCs and mobile devices
- Standard Office / business software packages and systems
- Extensive experience with incident troubleshooting and escalation
- Good Business acumen and strong customer service mind-set
- Excellent logical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective prioritization and project management familiarity (as a team member)
- Curiosity and a desire to solve technical problems
- Self-motivation and team motivation
Active Directory environments and Microsoft Server and Workstation technologies. (esp. W7 and W10)LAN and WAN NetworksTalent in interacting successfully with people in a customer-facing role 2-4 years in a service delivery role 2-4 years of experience and demonstrated understanding and troubleshooting of desktop applications (MS suite, SQL, mobile device OS as well as MDM platforms and features)MS SCCM & Veeam advantage
- Very good level of education
- Excellent computer literacy
- Relevant industry certifications preferred such as Microsoft qualifications
- ITILv3 essential
My client cannot provide Visa Sponsorship for this position and they will not consider applicants from outside of the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493682