My client is a technology business with team of Engineers who build SaaS software to help e-commerce retailers create and deliver great content experiences for their customers. Over 100 major e-commerce sites rely on one of their products work, sending more than 1 billion API calls a day.
They have a multi-talented team comprising frontend engineers, backend engineers and devops engineers. Most things they work on have full stack implications, often involving unfamiliar technologies and require technical staff with an ability think creatively about problem solving.
They are recruiting across a number of all technical areas and this includes adding to their frontend development team. Frontend is mostly single page applications, built using AngularJS and modern build processes like Gulp and Sass. We also maintain an open source library of frontend components for our customers to use. This is built on a lightweight Java, JAX-RS, framework and managed by a devops team using Cloudformation and Puppet
Their Frontend web engineer will build and style modern single page applications and in order to be successful in a role like this you'll need to demonstrate some of the following skills and/or experience
- You start a new project by configuring a modern build process (Gulp / Grunt / Sass / Less)
- You have built web apps using frameworks like AngularJS, Ember.js, React or similar frameworks
- You have built tools or services using Node.js
- You have experience mentoring and directing less senior engineers
- You are principled about technology and have opinions about programming and tools
- You believe automated testing is important and that code should be well tested
- You have experience with specific technologies in our stack
This is a truly exceptional role for the North East. A chance to work with a cutting-edge technology stack being used to its fullest potential. The role will come with salary of up to £50, 000 and excellent benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959491790