Market Analyst / Campaign Lead
A high profile opportunity has arisen for a Market Analyst / Campaign Lead to join our Business Development team in Derby and support Rolls-Royce Submarines.
As a Sales Campaigns and Marketing Analyst, you will ensure that we have a fully quantified view of the Defence Nuclear environment such that we are able to develop a resilient business strategy, as well as prioritise the market opportunities and strategic campaigns which help us anticipate our customers' needs and position for long term profitable growth. The strategy and campaigns will need to be coherent with the broader Nuclear Sector and Strategy.
This high profile role allows you the potential to grow your management profile across the company whilst growing your business development acumen.
The customer's environment is changing, which means that our business needs to adapt with new and better customer solutions to ensure our mutual success. Our Submarines business is reviewing its business strategy and strategic sales campaigns which will help realise this vision of mutual success. You will use your understanding of the customer's environment to help us translate their issues into proactive strategic positioning.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Owner and Publisher of comprehensive annual quantitative market assessment reports.
- Conduct and justify complex market value segmentation and communicate simply and effectively: from Total, Addressable, Accessible, Winnable, in order Grow portfolio of work and seek profitable opportunities by exploring strategic campaigns in areas close to our core competencies.
- Conduct Strategic Business Planning (campaigns portfolio analysis) ahead of financial filing.
- Produce Global Scenarios analysis, defence spending & trend analysis, for Exec consumption and strategic decision making.
- Conduct Customer Perspective and options analysis to position R-R as a thought leader with the Customer and obtain a first mover advantage.
- Able to conduct and extrapolate customer spend and risk analysis based on public domain information, and position the business appropriately.
- Able to produce financial investment analysis for concept papers/ collaborations/ M&As/ strategic options.
- Able to produce content and present effectively quantitative market assessment at Industry symposia.
- Develop value propositions and sales offers for new and existing sales opportunities, this to include driving a strategic selling approach into our campaigns.
- Work on our current campaigns which could include: full electric propulsion systems, future nuclear plant designs and configurations, nuclear training facilities, fuel cycle management, future services strategy, plant care concepts, equipment health monitoring and Digital.
- Support to sales pipeline forecasting for your areas of responsibility (including financial and resource forecasts) working with Key Account Managers, the Business Development Specialist and Bid Managers to develop sales strategies to improve market penetration and share across the submarine portfolio to support the business' strategic position and 10-year strategic plan.
- Support to communication across the business utilising strong network, technical and domain knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (engineering, science or electrical discipline) or equivalent.
- Strategic and tactical planning and selling skills or experience.
- Strong and demonstrable quantitative analysis skills. Able to translate complex analysis into strategic priorities and options.
- Experience of services selling, value selling and upselling.
- Strong communication skills, externally and internally, with the ability to communicate at the executive level in concise definitive terms.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment under challenging customer timescales.
- Ability to organise a complex set of items and prioritise into manageable issues for action, analysis or resolution.
- MBA or MSc degree in related field.
- Customer management experience (mindset, communication and influence) in a defence or MoD environment.
- Knowledge of marine propulsion systems and Defence Nuclear market.
- Track record of delivering successful sales campaigns.
- Domain knowledge of Rolls-Royce submarines products and services.
The role is based in Atlantic House, Raynesway, Derby, but travel within the UK may be required to customer sites, conferences and / or exhibitions.
At Rolls-Royce, we create integrated power solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to Full UK Security Clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492539