MULTI-SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
£36k + overtime & excellent benefits
With a history and pedigree spanning almost a century, my client is in the enviable position of working with some of the world's most successful food companies.
By adapting to an ever-changing industry, they've been responsible for developing new methods and for bringing technology to the forefront of new product development.
Due to a period of significant growth they are now looking to build their established team and take the company into the next phase in their impressive growth and to ensure that they are able to continue to service their customers' engineering needs to the highest levels.
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for anything involving maintenance, repair, re-positioning and preventative work on:
- Electrical & Mechanical equipment
- Electrical & Mechanical installations
This could include:
- (Mechanical) - Motors, Gearboxes, couplings, seals, pumps, valves, hydraulics, pneumatics etc.
- (Electrical) - Sensors, control equipment, VSDs, Servos, Instrumentation, power distribution systems, safety systems etc.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Inspection and identification of issues and deciding on repair or replacement of faulty components
- Providing technical support to operators
- Making suggestions on installations to improve plant efficiency, safety and quality
- Maintaining control measurement, which includes weighing equipment
In order to be considered for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role it is expected that you will have:
- Recognised industry qualifications (apprenticeship / HNC/HND etc.)
- Experience of CMMS (Computerised Mechanical Maintenance Systems)
- Experience within the food industry or similar high hygiene environments (Pharmaceutical / Medical / etc.)
- Knowledge of packaging machinery
- An understanding of control systems
- An ability to carry out root cause analysis of breakdowns and apply the best corrective actions
- An ability to read Electrical and Mechanical schematics (engineering drawings)
- Sound knowledge of various maintenance methodologies (PPM / CBM / PM / TBM)
It would also be useful (but not a deal breaker) if you also had experience of:
- Welding (TIG & ARC)
- Electronic diagnostics and repair to board level
- PLC programming
In addition to working with a progressive company, you will be rewarded with;
- A good salary based on your skills and experience
- An excellent contributory pension (3% / 6%)
- 30 days holiday per year (22+8) which will increase with service
- Good working conditions and career development opportunities
If you'd like to discuss this position before applying please call John Ryan on ************
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959490996