Senior Linux Engineer £600 (Greenfield Project)
My client is looking for a Linux Engineer to launch thier Greenfield Project within the month of December possibly January. So this role will suit someone who is not necesarilly in a rush but willing to wait for the right project, that can easily run well in to 24 months all based in London.
We're looking for a person capable of integrating devices and peripherals with Linux and exposing them via a REST API to external applications - most of the devices are capable of speaking ccTalk. As such, we're looking for someone with dev experience rather than an administrator.
In a nutshell what's needed is the below :
- A very good knowledge of object-oriented programming and developing with C/C++;
- A very good knowledge of Linux - preferably Ubuntu;
- A strong background in developing software for Linux systems and the use of system calls;
- A good understanding of computer science concepts (efficient algorithms and data structures);
- A good understanding of network programming and communication protocols;
- Experience with ccTalk is plus;
- Other languages / experience will be considered a plus;
- The ability to work effectively in English (interviews will be conducted in English);
Do apply if you're confdent that your skill set fits my clients requirement.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493478