Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer - AWS, Jenkins, iOS, Android
My client is looking for a passionate senior DevOps engineer to assist its DevOps migration to AWS. This role is to join a relatively new team working within the wider Products group, delivering on their multi-award winning product line.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on new exciting media projects and technologies, with European launch scope. Joining as one of the first DevOps engineers the role will offer scope to start afresh without the burden of legacy. The ideal candidate would bring experience of DevOps principals facilitating continuous development/continuous integration operations, and be experienced on Jenkins, AWS, Dockers.
- Design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports multiple development projects.
- Deploy infrastructure necessary to create development, test and production environments.
- Enforce, maintain and optimize Systems Engineering and DevOps best practices particularly with regards to our use of AWS.
- Monitor and fine tune for high performances.
Required skills and experience:
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining production cloud environment AWS
- Strong knowledge in DevOps methodology - AWS, CI/CD, Automation
- Proven track record in using AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS Opsworks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2 Container Service, and Amazon EC2 Container Registry)
- Successful previous migration to AWS
- Good knowledge and understanding of blue/green deployment and A/B testing
- Source Control/Configuration management (GitLab, etc...)
- Proficient with Ansible/Chef/Puppet and Terraform
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, Kibana
- Proficient in Python and at least one other scripting language
- Experience with Docker containers
- Able to work independently and drive results in a fast-pace environment
- Fluent in English
Nice to have skills:
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator is a big plus
- Background in Unix/Linux administration on highly available distributed systems
- Knowledge of Android and iOS automation frameworks
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493531