Rate: up to £550/Day
Duration: 4 Months
IR35 Status: OUTSIDE
Create a service blueprint/vision, building on current service maps, to articulate the full MVS. Design, conduct and analyse user research using a range of techniques and provide guidance on design based on understanding of user needs and behaviour. Develop and test findings of research conducted to date.
Who the specialist will work with
You will be working in a mixed civil servant/supplier team, alongside a digital transformation lead and technical architect as well as policy civil servants. You will also be working with a delivery team, based in Washington, Tyne and Wear, which is delivering digital products.
What the specialist will work on
The overseas healthcare service allows UK citizens to use State provided healthcare in the European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland. It also allows insured EEA citizens to access the NHS in the UK. The categories of people covered are insured State Pensioners, recipients of exportable social security benefits, posted workers, citizens who require planned treatment and temporary visitors. The programme is a redesign of the service.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate extensive experience of user journey mapping and prototype development to test hypotheses
- Demonstrate extensive experience of planning, and conducting user research programmes using a variety of methods including lab-based testing and contextual and guerrilla research, in-depth requirements gathering interviews etc
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse and develop actionable recommendations from user research, providing recommendations for digital service improvements based upon the results.
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and in collaboration as a part of an already established team
- Communicate succinctly, clearly and accurately in plain simple language, both verbally and in writing.
- Be an effective team member who is able to relate to colleagues at all levels across our large multi-site organisation with tact and diplomacy
- Recognise your own job role boundaries / limits of practice and know when to ask for guidance
- Follow written and verbal instructions and ensure the services you provide are in line with standard processes and good practice, showing attention to detail
- Prioritise own workload and take responsibility for delivering results within agreed timescales and standards with changing priorities and pressures
- Extensive experience of working within an Agile framework.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492101