2nd Line Online Support Analyst
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within a very successful and prominent, yet ethical and conscientious local business.
You will be very much part of a close knit team working as 2nd Line Online Support Analyst - primarily required to support the ever growing online side of a very well established business.
The full job description is as follows:
- To provide high quality 2nd line IT support services, ensuring the highest standards of service. The Support Analyst will actively ensure Online IT solutions are used to the best effect whilst complying with appropriate security standards.
- Work in partnership with the wider IT team to effectively resolve incidents and requests received by the Service Desk.
- Act as a point of escalation for more complex 1st Line issues and where required escalate calls to 3rd Line support teams.
- Provide cover for 1st line support staff, as appropriate and when required.
- Support the effective management of supplier relationships, proactively monitoring SLAs, reviewing and reporting on performance.
- Support the 3rd line Online Support Analyst in the management of Major Incidents, including the effective communications to customers and management teams.
- Support 3rd Line analysts to successfully implement and transition IT Change activity, whilst continuing to provide effective Business As Usual services.
- Undertake cross-platform functional/UAT testing in tiered web environments.
- Support processes to regularly scan for vulnerabilities, implement patches and releases to ensure the ongoing maintenance, security and development of services.
- Ensure data security through the provision of effective user and access management processes and procedures.
- Manage daily technical tasks such as integration management and maintenance of the Online email account.
- Create and maintain high quality, clear and concise documentation, championing the importance of an effective and well maintained IT Knowledge Base.
- Support others, where required, to identify data quality issues and improve data quality to enable the effective delivery of business intelligence and reporting.
- Understand the business processes that the applications and wider IT services underpin.
- Train and mentor 1st and 2nd Line analysts to ensure effective knowledge sharing and resilience.
- Provide IT training and guidance to users of IT Services.
- Assist root cause investigations and the implementation of corrective and preventative measures, in line with industry standards and best practice.
Process Management & Improvement:
- Action, develop and improve processes and procedures to ensure information security, whilst supporting continuous service improvement.
- Proactively analyse service management information to identify potential improvements to prevent the future occurrence of Incidents, Problems and Errors.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders including; colleagues, customers, suppliers and partners to provide effective and streamlined support services.
- Liaise with external digital partners as necessary to achieve effective resolution of support incidents and delivery of change requests.
- Work collaboratively with the Information Security Team to support and ensure continued compliance to ISO27001 and PCI standards.
- Promote the effective use of IT services and solutions, encourage users to make best use of available functionality in a secure manner.
- Deputise for the 3rd line Online Support Analyst, as appropriate and when required.
- Undertake training and learning opportunities to support continuing professional and personal development.
- Provide out of hours support on a scheduled rota during peak trading periods and as agreed to support out of hours releases and incidents.
- Any other duties as required which are commensurate with the post.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494394