IT Support Analyst
IT Support Analyst required to provide 2nd line desktop and infrastructure support to my client a manufacturing specialist based in Warwickshire.
Benefits include competitive salary, free parking, Bupa, profit share bonus, performance bonus
- Working within a busy IT function to provide IT service and support primarily to the UK/European area of the business, with approximately 200 users.
- Primarily responsible for 1st line Helpdesk and 2nd line support, taking calls, emails, logging/prioritising and managing tickets, communicating with and resolving issues and requests where possible.
- Assist with or be responsible for a range of projects, in order to support and maintain the existing IT infrastructure environment. Working with the team to develop and improve the systems in operation, ultimately improving our customer's IT experience.
- Provide excellent customer support and communication in a professional manner, with clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Provide effective analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate good organisational and planning skills, working on multiple tasks and projects, managing the outcome in conformance with organisational goals and objectives that produce positive results and meet deadlines.
- Provide (but not limited to) 1st/2nd line IT Helpdesk support to the UK/International IT operation. To include effective, timely support to business critical production facilities at the manufacturing plant.
- Support the IT Lead and other team members as required.
- Maintains Helpdesk tickets, prioritising work, updating steps for corrective action, and communicates with customers any timescales and progress reports as required.
- Supports and maintains network user and computer accounts.
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting a range of hardware devices including desktops, laptops, printers, IP phones, iPhones, iPads, hand held scanners and other peripherals.
- Deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting client operating systems (currently Windows 7 & 8.1, beginning deployment of 10) on desktops and laptops, using imaging technologies.
- Configuring, registering and deploying new hardware, right through to the decommissioning and recycling of redundant equipment
- Accurate record keeping of hardware assets via the IT Assets Database, and co-ordinating with accounts dept, active inclusion in the updating of hardware, and recycling of old equipment.
- Software installations and support including upgrades, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting as required. Specifically Microsoft Office 2013 & Lync 2013.
- Remote client support to users around the UK and Europe utilising GoToAssist
- General IT operations support including LAN, network access, internet, email, printers etc.
- Liaises with external suppliers and support providers where required
- Follows established protocols, procedures and policies
- Documentation where required of new or updated processes, following established guidelines
A great chance to join a well established and positive environment, where you can work under your own direction.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454441