An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join this growing law firm based in the centre of Leeds, my client is seeking an experienced Legal PA to join their Real Estate team in the Leeds office. You will provide a full PA secretarial service to support Partners and Legal Advisors within the Real Estate, Planning and Corporate practice groups.
In addition, undertaking wider duties where required to cover any secretarial absences within the Real Estate Practice Group, this role requires a can-do approach and proactive thinking to support the needs of Legal Advisors and the office.
The successful applicant will have strong experience of working in Real Estate or Commercial Property, you will have excellent organisational skills and a professional manner.
- Typing of correspondence, documents and bills
- Typing reports, file notes and attendance notes
- Preparing enclosures ready for signing and sending out with the post
- Opening and closing clients and matter files
- Land Registry and Companies House searches
- Conflict and AML searches
- Filing of incoming and outgoing post and correspondence
- Compiling and sending bills
- Chasing bills as per Legal Advisor instruction
- Cheque requisitions
- Keeping records of closed files
- Interaction with clients mainly over the telephone
- In house forms, laser forms (credit notes)
- Diary management
- Organising meetings, travel arrangements etc.
Skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience of working within a Commercial Property/Real Estate department within a law firm
- Excellent and accurate keyboard skills required, as you will be required to obtain typing speeds to a minimum of 60 wpm
- Good working knowledge of various applications - Word, Outlook, Digital Dictation (PowerPoint and Excel helpful but not a necessity)
- Taking care of, and paying attention to, all correspondence and documentation
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills reflected in their work
- A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail
- Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales
- Friendly, helpful with a positive can-do approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959491777