Developer in Test (Python, Automation)
Who we are
YouView is a joint venture between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva, we?re naturally collaborative and open source ? doing whatever it takes to transform and improve the daily viewing experience of UK audiences.
Launched in 2012, we have unlocked a world of content and services for over 2.8 million households, combining Live TV and On Demand and cutting edge technology.
We have won and been nominated for many awards. Our recent accolades include awards from T3, Mediatel Connies, Digital TV Europe and TBI.
YouView is evolving its award-winning experiences on TVs, Set-top boxes, and mobile platforms; therefore we are looking for a Developer in Test to join the team.
You will be working as part of a team of highly-skilled Python developers, building the automation infrastructure from scratch, working closely with developers and testers in product teams to ensure quality automated test coverage for YouView.
The team you are joining work in Scrum teams as part of the product development process, as well as in the infrastructure development team following Kanban.
The ideal candidate would have experience in continuous improvement to automation rig infrastructure and associated test execution and reporting software. You will be involved in the development of new automated testing methods, especially in video processing.
Day to day your role will involve supporting the product developers in the implementation of automated tests, as well as maintenance and analysis. We will be looking for you to research into new automation techniques and processes of benefits to the business, and undertake peer reviews to maintain rigorous coding standards.
What we require from you
Essential technical skills required:
- Python (or similar languages)
- Linux (Fedora or equivalent)
- Bash shell scripting
- Version control with Git
Essential experience, deliverables and background
- Excellent communication skills
- Methodical problem solver with awareness of best practice
Desirable technical skills required:
- Configuration management (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP and common network protocols.
- Fluency in SQL and relational database management (Postgre SQL/MYSQL/SQLite)
- Experience in software testing and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments
- Knowledge of connected TV Projects
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494301