Senior Engineer - Audio
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Audio
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £35k-£40k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Key responsibilities & tasks as the Senior Engineer - Audio
- Delivery of new and modified Audio Systems.
- Support cross functional reviews to ensure that systems are delivered in line with the programme targets for function, quality, cost, timing, serviceability and weight.
- Support the commodity CAD package through supplier reviews, working closely with the internal CAD team to ensure robust virtual build process can be achieved.
- Develop commodity timing plans to support delivery of Mission milestone actions.
- Understand technology trends and assist in generating system proposals for inclusion on future programmes.
- Produce supporting design documentation to demonstrate robust development process. To include DFMEA, DVP, Engineering Release, Concern Resolution and sign-off reports.
- Support the development of the audio strategy and status reports for senior management.
- Support vehicle build and launch activities. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
- Support the Purchasing department in defining future commodity strategy.
- Support TVM, Current Vehicle Engineering, Purchasing and Production activities with technical assistance throughout the product lifetime.
- Undertake other tasks in support of Electrical department or company objectives.
Qualifications & experience
- Engineering HNC / HND, engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in commodity delivery or project delivery, engineering processes and industry knowledge.
- Must be able to work within teams effectively.
- Must be able to work with external suppliers to deliver best in class systems.
- Must have a good knowledge of Audio systems.
- Must be able to support and deliver required attributes in budget, to quality and on time.
- Must be able to conduct relevant system testing to validate designs.
- Must possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to support prototype builds and resolving issues.
- Ability to analyse and validate supplier test data and develop recovery plans where necessary.
- Should have good presentation skills.
- A successful candidate must be able to integrate into a well-established team under supervision. The candidate must show the character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge above. The best candidate will be open-minded and lateral thinking to assist with achieving timing and product targets, with the ability to build good working relationships. The candidate must strive to be proactive but open to seek supervision when required to produce practical solutions.
- The successful candidate should be prepared to travel when necessary to fulfil this role.
- The successful candidate should hold a full driving license.
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Senior Engineer - Audio, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494639