Engineering Project Manager
Our client is currently looking for a project manager (Planned preventive maintenance and Inventory Management)
Task Description overview
A project manager required to deliver two projects:
1) Maintenance review of existing planned, predictive maintenance job plans and migrate to a new Maximo system
2) Effective management of spares and parts for NWL business for field teams
Essential duties to include;
- Ensure effective delivery of allocated projects and tasks
- Refining Project Scopes and objectives to ensure agreed milestones are suitable, realistic and achievable
- Develop and agree the schedule for individual Projects that effectively allocates resources to activities
- Work with the planning team to develop and deliver a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage performance and changes in project scope
- Monitoring performance via weekly reports to Programme Manager
- Minimise project risks with effective RAIDD ownership for allocated parts of the project
Skills Requirements / Subject Matter
- Experience of installation, maintenance and repair of critical and non-critical assets.
- Practical experience in implementing and managing asset management regimes.
- Proven experience in implementing and managing statutory and non-statutory maintenance regimes using industry standard CAMS.
- Experience of risk management, continual improvement, performance management and life cycle activities within an asset management environment.
- Knowledge/experience of PAS 55 / ISO 55001 asset management standards.
- Experience of managing asset verification surveys
- Experience of asset Hierarchy and application of same
- Experience in identifying potential problems as a result of Condition Surveys, undertake a logical and methodical interrogation of information, data, sources and trends, and keep accurate records and audit trail.
- Ability to confidently present solutions and ideas to convince others to an agreed outcome defend the commercial position and negotiate best possible outcome
- Ensure the Life Cycle Schedule (PPM) meets the documented processes and procedures.
- Provide reports on performance for all projects and Life cycle work.
- Produce performance measures to demonstrate satisfactory Life Cycle and project management performance against indicators/SLA?s and costs against budget
- Good working knowledge of H&S related to building engineering services.
- Relevant industry experience in a technical/operational management or consultancy role: 5 years+
Personal Qualities & Behaviours
- A team player but able to work under own initiative and able to escalate matters out of own limitations
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- A strong customer centric approach
- Ability to coach colleagues, interact with people at all levels and proactively build professional creditability and relationships.
- Good communicator at all levels and have the ability to present their case competently ensuing all understand what is being delivered.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple issues and short term projects concurrently
- IT literacy - candidate must have report writing skills. Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency required
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494869