Our client is a growing management consultancy with a blue-chip client base that includes many of the top names in financial services. The group company also includes a recruitment business, a wealth management research business and an IT services business.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will lead a team of one other staff member. You will be responsible for producing financial and management accounts for the company and its subsidiary companies.
The team is occasionally supported by members of the administration team. This in turn is all overseen by a Chartered Accountant who also works with the company on a part time basis.
In summary the incumbent will be responsible for managing the production of financial statements, management accounts, KPIs, VAT returns, other tax returns and all financial accounting records. The role is also responsible for payroll, pensions and insurance. This includes managing and participating in:
- Producing management accounts, providing revenue and variance analysis
- Producing ad-hoc reports as directed by senior management
- Assisting with the preparation of the company?s annual statutory report and accounts
- Preparing the supporting data for the company?s VAT returns
- Payroll and commission calculations
- Maintaining the fixed asset register, including the calculation of monthly depreciation
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Other ad-hoc accounting duties
Part qualified or qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA); or qualified by experience
- Several year?s experience gained within a finance function (preferably in a service industry)
- Experience with Pegasus Opera or a similar ledger system is desirable
- Good knowledge of payroll and VAT
- A hands on ?can do attitude? is essential
- A willingness to support the organisation in activities beyond the finance function is essential
We are seeking a well spoken, courteous, well presented, reliable and articulate individual with corporate experience and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
They must have a professional attitude, a strong ability to manage their own time, multi task, organise and plan ahead to respond to tasks within timescales, accurately meet deadlines and prioritise and manage work load.
They should have a flexible and resilient attitude, enthusiasm and drive with evidence of going the extra mile. They must demonstrate self motivation and a willingness to work flexible hours as determined by the needs of the business.
Competitive base salary, plus bonus, plus pension, plus life assurance.
5 week?s holiday.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493351