Senior Automation Test Consultant
SQS is focussed on delivering excellence to our clients and therefore ensure that we have the best talent on-board to do this. We look for technical individuals' who are naturally innovative, dynamic, self-motivated and collaborative to find new and exciting ways of providing quality assurance to the highest standard.
Headquartered in Cologne in 1982, we now employ over 4,500 staff worldwide across 27 countries. As an employee we offer you the chance to travel across the UK and work in a variety of sectors (BFSI, Retail, Automotive, Manufacturing, Media, Energy & Utilities). If you are looking for a role that can offer well-structured career development, progression and exciting growth potential then we want to hear from you! SQS is a growing, fast-paced consultancy and always one step ahead of ever changing IT landscape.
SQS are currently looking for a Senior Automation Test Consultants with experience in the following:
- Microsoft Visual Studio using C#
- Git Hub
- SQL knowledge
- Working on Behaviour Driven Development methodology, using SpecFlow, to capture the user specifications in Gherkin format
- Pairing up with Developer and Product Owner to define SpecFlow scenarios
- Implement bindings using C#
- Maintaining and developing helper classes to abstract common reusable methods
- Continuously increasing automation coverage at the appropriate level
- Tracking stories, defects and technical tasks
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks
- Identifying and suggesting improvements in the cycle time and lead time of Stories
- Exploratory testing to increase depth and breadth of test coverage
- Capturing evidence and attaching to Stories
- Feeding back observations and bugs to interested stakeholders
As a Senior Test Automation Consultant you will have highly proficient and detailed knowledge of market leading test automation suites, such as;
- HP: Quality Center, Unified Functional Tester and LeanFT
- Open Source: Eclipse, Maven, Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, GIT
- Microsoft: Test Manager, Visual Studio, SpecFlow, Coded UI, TFS
What do I need to know before I apply?
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship (unless stated otherwise in the job description)
- This is a consultancy based role so you will be based from a variety of client sites and therefore must be willing and able to travel UK wide for long periods of time. You will be expected to work in a number of locations across the UK for extended periods.
- Interview process - 2-3 stages, including technical assessment as and when required
- Some roles may require background checks and security clearance
What are the benefits of working for SQS?
- Benefits - 25 days holiday increasing to 27 days after 2 years, pension, private healthcare, mobile phone, laptop, family days and regular social events. Private medical, equipment, up to 7 training days
- Opportunity - The opportunity to work independently on tasks for challenging, international projects within a successful team and with a high degree of personal freedom in your role.
- Challenges - A constant stream of new challenges within a consultancy firm renowned for its forward-looking methods and technologies.
- Career progression - A dedicated career path designed to challenge you and further your knowledge in specialist consulting
- Training - Extensive training to develop the essential skills you will need to develop your career with SQS
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492859