Java J2EE Developer
Java J2EE Developer
Our software house client that is based in Central London and has been in business for 40 years is looking for a J2EE Developer.
- To analyse requirements and to work in a team to develop and test code.
- To analyse requirements starting from existing higher level specifications or from end-user/customer input and to write the corresponding programming specification.
- To develop code according to the specification, to agreed time scales and to agreed standards.
- To cross-test colleague's code as required.
- To analyse and fix faults in existing software.
- To communicate effectively with customers and end-users in order to ensure a common understanding of business requirements.
- To communicate effectively with other team members to ensure a common understanding of the technical requirements.
- To ensure specifications and coding meet agreed standards.
- To fix bugs.
- To provide second line support for helpdesk.
- To participate in technical design reviews.
- To work alongside Facilities Management team for deployment and runtime issue resolution.
Minimum Education: Bachelor?s Degree
- object-oriented analysis and design
- Java 1.5+
- Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- entity-relationship modelling
Experience & skills:
- framework application and design
- application of template-based code generators
Tools & products:
- Oracle Weblogic Server
- Magic Draw
- Eclipse IDE
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
Practical experience of supporting J2EE applications, preferably with Web Logic.
Ideal candidate :
- Effective approach to problem solving
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Ability to prioritise and take responsibility for own workload
- Effective team worker
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Regular Subsidised Social Events
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loans
- Eye Tests
- Permanent Heath Insurance
- Life Insurance
- The opportunity to have a future shareholding in the company
As a Company we have over 30 years of experience in the Insurance sector providing specialist business solutions to re/insurance organisations. Since the launch of our first broking system in 1984, we have continued to develop business-critical software dedicated to supporting the evolving needs of the Insurance Market.
Based in Clerkenwell, London, our customer-focused teams look after account management, new product development, help desk and support and provide a mixture of business and technical expertise to deliver powerful results.
We are a relatively small, very friendly and highly skilled company with many years of success and an excellent record for retaining staff, currently for an average of over 10 years.
Our small size means that every employee has the chance to make a real difference. We're always looking for motivated individuals who are willing to contribute new ideas to our software and working practices in order to improve the experience for everyone on the team.
We also provide excellent opportunities for interested individuals to work on a wide range of technologies and extending their understanding of our business domain and products.
Our company is wholly owned by its employees who are all shareholders and therefore we remain completely in control of our own destiny.
Java, j2ee, Java 1.5, ejb, servlets, jsp, jsf
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494891