Network Project Engineer, Cisco - Dorking, CCNA/CCNP
Role: Network Project Engineer, Cisco - Dorking, CCNA/CCNP
Package: Up to £45k + Pension, Life Cover & Private healthcare
A leading supplier of IT software & Managed Service solutions require a Network project Engineer to assist with new implementations and support existing customer's network infrastructure.
In execution of your duties, you will be responsible for:
- Work in a team of Network Engineers to build and deploy projects and technical support as required to a high standard across hosted and wide-area connected customers as part of a Managed Service offering.
- Implement and support customer solutions into the datacentre infrastructure
- Implement and support customer WAN solutions utilising MPLS technology
- Maintain 100% uptime of our network infrastructure and customer solutions
- Provide pro-active input into the on-going development of the core network strategy
- Provide pro-active input into the on-going development of the datacentre strategy
- Provide pro-active input into the on-going development of the Network Operations team
- Investigate and resolve support logs in a timely manner
- Attend meetings to present or review solutions either onsite or at Civica offices
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Reporting to the Technical Team Leader (Dorking).
- Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service desk and Support areas.
- Manage, meet and maintain service levels, where appropriate providing input to other teams or team members, where necessary taking ownership of and managing problems.
- Provide a point of escalation where appropriate to maintain technical service to customers.
- Ensure known issues and routine tasks are being managed and documented in order they can be dispensed at first line to increase first line resolution rates.
- Manage or act as central point of contact for incidents escalated from service desk or second line to Senior Technical Specialists.
- Manage and nurture a confident and trusted interface with customers and other business units within Civica.
- Excellent knowledge of company processes, procedures and systems.
- Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas.
- Ability to be creative in problem solving.
- Maintain progress on a number of projects and disciplines simultaneously.
- Be available to provide remote or onsite service for implementations and migrations, both in and out of core hours.
- Provide backup to support team as required in times of absence, major incidents and high demand.
- Commitment to delivering high quality support services not only individually, but also through 1st and 2nd line teams.
- Escalate, where appropriate, any issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Promote customer confidence through providing excellent and informative support.
- Preferred Skills
- Minimum CCNA, preferable CCNP or demonstrable progress towards CCNP
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco router, switch and security products gained working within a service provider environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco IOS via a command line
- Intermediate knowledge of IP networks and fault-finding
- Intermediate knowledge of VTP, Spanning-Tree, VLANs, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Knowledge of Cisco (or equivalent) third-party management and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of F5 load-balancer products
- Knowledge of working with high-security and high-availability solutions
- Knowledge of VOIP and QoS/CoS
- Knowledge of networking within VMWare, Microsoft and Linux platforms
- Experience with dealing with third-party telco providers
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492950