Monitoring Analyst & 1st\2nd Line Support
A new position has come up for an enthusiastic, driven, hands-on individual in a fast-paced environment. My client has over 750 sites with many more in the pipe line. This position will require you to own the process of the new install from a technical point of view. Ensuring that IT kit (PC?s, Servers, ANPR Cameras, ANPR software) are all configured correctly, tested and documented as well as grow a team to support you.
These 750 sites+ will come under your domain for hardware support, including Management and deployment of the patches, upgrades and firmware upgrades. A review of the current sites configuration (ANPR, Networking) and security will be essential.
A key objective for this role will be to review the hardware, software and process for installing and supporting the client sites. You will be required to create and set standards for PC builds, ANPR software, ANPR cameras, networking, switching & security complete with documentation and testing. Building a golden image for PC?s and version control of all on-site software and hardware. You will have sign-off responsibility for new site installs, ensuring the kit installed is fit for purpose, configured, tested and that documentation is complete (site surveys, detailed designs, PC + software configs, networking details). Once signed off, these sites will be handed over to the Monitoring Team to monitor and the engineers to install. For clarity you and your team will be doing the configuring of the kit but not the physical installation.
Adhering to SLA?s will be key as well as driving through the process for builds, testing and support.
The position will entail liaising with the internal departments of Projects and Purchasing to ensure that new install projects are delivered on time and to budget. Ad-hoc calls and site visits with clients may be required as well.
Research & Development
A review of the current hardware and software to ensure fit for purpose is required. Look to the market to see what is available for implementation.
Documentation will be key as technical briefs, setup guides, network designs, test sign-offs will be required to be drawn up
You will be responsible for the management of the Infrastructure Engineers, 3rd line support and 1st line support. To include:
Goals and objectives
- Weekly 121?s
- Interim review
- Final Appraisal
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Management of Infrastructure Engineer (to be appointed at a later stage), 3rd line engineer, 1st line support
- Own process for new installations from a technical point of view ? liaising with Project and Installations Team
- Ensuring IT Kit for new builds and support are configured, tested and document (config of PC, ANPR camera?s + software, networking, routing)
- Own client site kit to include security assessment + management & deployment of patches, upgrades and firmware upgrades
- Create and set standards for PC builds, ANPR software, ANPR cameras, networking, switching & security complete with documentation and testing
- Version Control of all software and hardware sent out to site ? to include ownership of Golden image for PC builds
- Sign-off responsibility for new site installs ? confirm that the kit specced out in the design is fit for purpose for the site and that the Monitoring Team can monitor and support
- Adhering to SLA?s
- Communicating with key stakeholders within the Business (Projects and Implementation) as well as external clients
- Research and Development ? review kit currently utilised and look to market to see if there is anything improved
- Documentation - technical briefs, setup guides, network designs, test sign-offs will be required to be drawn up
The following personal qualities are vital to ensure the successful delivery of your Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Effective communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Versatile and eager to adapt and learn new skills
- Networking\Switching\Routing (IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP)
- PC and Server hardware knowledge
- CCTV + ANPR Camera / ANPR Software
- Monitoring experience
- SQL + SQL Scripting
- Access Points
- PC\Server Imaging
- Team and man management experience
- Kanban\agile mindset
Nice to Have:
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497941