Senior Network Operations Engineer
A thriving technology company seeks a Senior Network Operations Engineer with experience in administering the Linux operating system together with the configuration of network related infrastructure. You?ll play a key part in the company?s plans to achieve their business goals of adding new Smart City / IoT applications.
With a Degree in Computing or Engineering, you will have experience with most of the following:
- Customer support of complex communication systems.
- Configuration of switches / routers and firewalls.
- Using SQL to create complex queries.
- Automated systems in a Linux environment using tools such as Ansible.
- Scripting in Bash, Python or similar.
- Management or test of large IT systems.
- Database and web based systems.
- Hypervisor systems such as VMware and Xen.
- Linux (Centos/RedHat/Debian) System administration.
The Senior Network Operations Engineer will be responsibility for keeping customer systems running; using automation as the key driver to install, maintain, monitor and upgrade the networks. There will also be some configuration and management of the associated infrastructure such as Firewalls, Routers, Switches and Servers for both customer and company hosted networks. As the company grows there may be some requirements to visit data centres overseas to set up new environments.
If you have the above skills and experience, have excellent communication and leadership skills and good attention to detail ? please apply now for full details.
A highly competitive salary package will be offered.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494441