Technical Support Specialist
Linx Printing Technologies have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist to join their growing team based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Since its formation in 1987 Linx has earned a reputation for its thoughtfully designed and well-engineered products. The company has consistently invested a high percentage of turnover in research and development. Linx is one of the industry's top research spenders in relation to its turnover.
As Technical Support Specialist, you will assist Linx customers, distributors and OEMs worldwide, to answer detailed technical questions about Linx products and help develop their technical and customer service knowledge and processes. This role covers the full Linx range of industrial coding and marking equipment across CIJ, TJ, TT, IJ and Laser printing technologies.
Technical Support Specialist - Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and resolve technical issues raised by Linx customers and distributors, giving detailed and quality responses within agreed response times
- Build successful relationships and partnerships within our distributor network
- When necessary, visit distributors and customers to provide sales and service support, assist with on-site problem resolution and on-going technical issues, develop and implement action plans to assess and improve their technical capability
- Lead regular conference calls to review open issues and coach distributors
- Build effective relationships across the organisation to collaborate on escalated cases and report findings from field failures
- Contribute to other projects within the business (e.g. new product development) to provide the customer and service engineer perspective
- Ensure department targets and objectives are met with regard to customer satisfaction, case response time, case first time fix and number of closed cases
- Develop the Technical Support Knowledge Base to help distributors in quick finding the correct solution to the problem
- Authorise returns of faulty parts from the customers
- Assist with the sample marking service when required
Technical Support Specialist - Candidate Requirements:
- A background in engineering/electronics. This could have been gathered through education or work experience
- Skills or experience in troubleshooting
- Be able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- The ability to work under pressure
- Be able to communicate internally and externally through email and telephone.
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to travel (when required)
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Customer Service drive and focus with proactive approach
- Degree in one of the following disciplines - engineering, mechanical or electronics desirable
- Competence in one or more languages (Spanish for example) is desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence and Passport
Due to the nature of the role there will be a rotational shift pattern in place comprising of 4 shifts worked on a rotational basis:
Week 1 - 06.30 - 15.00 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
Week 2 - 08.30 - 17.00 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
Week 3 - 08.30 - 17.00 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
Week 4 - 10.00 - 18.30 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
There may also be a requirement to work on bank holidays (approximately 2 per year). In such a case, advanced warning will be given and a day off in lieu will be granted.
To submit your CV for this exciting Technical Support Specialist opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as a Technical Support Trainee, Technical Support Analyst, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support Assistant or a Technical Support Trainee.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454712