Maritime Combat Systems Engineer
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Maritime Combat Systems Engineer.
Based in Havant, the successful candidate will be responsible for all Combat System engineering aspects for new business and development programmes. Specific tasks will include:
- Providing support to the System Architect in development and design of Martime Combat Systems.
- Requirements assessment and management.
- Support to System Architects in development of system solutions.
- Design of allocated segments of system, technical impact assessment and control.
- Presentation at internal and independent design/study reviews.
- Technical risk assessment and reduction, including assessment of TPMs and TRLs.
- Technical input to programme management and cost estimation teams.
- Generation and maintenance of specifications and interface control data for internal, procured and customer-furnished subsystems.
- Subsystem-related interaction with potential and actual customers.
- Support to selection, subcontract technical oversight and liaison with suppliers and other technical agencies.
- Conduct of acceptance off-contract from suppliers.
- Support to system integration and platform installation .
- Technical input to training, ILS and sustainment activities.
- Planning and control of own work and of any assigned engineering team.
- Conduct of operational analysis and performance of Concept and Assessment Phase design studies on behalf of internal/external customers.
- Support to the conduct of internal and customer-funded research and development studies.
- Support to development of Systems Architecture and Technology Roadmaps. Assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems and embodiment of COTS/MOTS solutions.
- Preparation and delivery of proposal material.
Education & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Maritime Combat Systems and associated subsystems and their interfaces.
- Proven experience of the design and integration of Maritime Combat Systems.
- Previous Maritime Systems Engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of associated defence and IMO Standards including DEF STAN 21-13 and NES 10-13.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline preferred.
Candidates should ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance prior to applying for this position.
Please note contract opportunities are also available for this role.
To be considered for this position please apply below.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493844