Accounting Senior Manager
Lead oversight role in the consolidation and accounting close process for Insulet?s European operations. Work closely with finance leaders in a fast-growing public company to execute on financial operational initiatives, monthly financial reporting, and internal control compliance. Manage local staff and third party accounting service providers to achieve targeted results.
- Oversee the execution of the monthly financial close process including consolidation and related reporting requirements for Insulet?s European business.
- Manage third party accounting service providers and local staff in the timely execution of accounting operations including areas such as payroll, accounts payable, treasury, tax, VAT, and expense reimbursement.
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations in relation to general ledger accounting work performed by external accounting service provider.
- Perform analytical review of monthly US GAAP results and prepare monthly financial reporting package for submission to US Parent.
- Liaise directly with US Corporate accounting team ensuring completeness and accuracy of recorded results and fielding open queries. Mentor and develop staff supporting the corporate close process to meet organizational and professional goals.
- Maintain quality and timeliness of internal control requirements associated with consolidation and general ledger reporting within team.
- Liaise with and support external advisors in the preparation of statutory financial statements and supporting notes as well as the preparation of corporate tax computations, returns, and ad hoc tax requests.
- Work in coordination with FP&A in driving reporting efforts around key performance indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Significant depth of related accounting experience, including hands-on experience managing small teams and/or outsourced accounting service providers.
- Current recognized professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CA or ACCA) or European equivalent, with significant post- qualifying experience.
- Expert knowledge of UK and European accounting and auditing standards, and an awareness of US GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley legislation.
- Prior experience working in a publically traded or large private company.
- Prior experience working with consolidations, foreign currency a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to analyze existing financial/operational processes for suggested improvements. Team leader as well as a team player, with strong process and personnel management skills.
- Must have the ability and drive to take on projects with extensive volume.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, within multiple levels of organization.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496514