Software Developer (Middleware)
At Paxton, we design and manufacture market leading IP access control, door entry and building intelligence systems for smart buildings.
With over 30 years of experience, we put our core values of simplicity, quality and honesty at the heart of everything we do. Our products harness the latest technology to provide powerful, yet easy to install and use solutions. We provide world class technical support and free training to ensure we consistently exceed our customers' expectations, supporting them and their businesses.
Based in Brighton, East Sussex, Paxton manufacture locally and export to over 60 countries worldwide. Our team is constantly expanding internationally and we currently have over 300 employees located at 12 locations across the globe with offices in the UK, US, France, Germany, South Africa, UAE and Benelux.
Join our development team in Brighton where you will be responsible for developing the middleware on our flagship IoT and building intelligence product. The goal is to create scalable and optimised software systems whilst working closely with our Firmware Engineers and Front End Developers.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Working on Greenfield projects and the re-architecture of the software design
- Brining forward new ideas and technologies to ensure optimum software capability
- Design and develop test automation
- Creating new software modules to interview with hardware
- Develop custom tools to assist software testing
- Review and designing code, analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources along with the integration and validation of new product designs
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Maintain and write technical documentation
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Solid C programming skills
- Some experience with SQL Server, SQLite or Postgres would be advantageous
- Has experience working on Linux embedded systems
- Some experience working with Source Control tools such as Subversion and git
- Experience of unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge of Agile project lifecycle
- Experience working with Jira and SharePoint or Confluence
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks, and follow through to full conclusion
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or related discipline
How to Apply
To play an important part with the market leader in the access control industry, click apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495802