C# Net Embedded Systems, Manchester, £38,000
My Manchester based client who are leaders in complex instrumentation for the food and pharmaceuticals industries are looking to recruit a .Net embedded systems engineer to the team. This role would suit someone who has a strong technical background and would enjoy working in a product environment.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled backend .NET software engineer to join a leading global supplier of industrial equipment to the food and beverage market, based in Salford. As a .NET software engineer, you will report directly to the PC Software Team Lead and will be responsible for working predominantly on greenfield development projects as the company aims to deliver its next generation products.
The .NET software engineer will have exceptional people skills and be required to collaborate with the wider business (sales, marketing, product management, etc.) to solicit requirements, and design and deliver solutions as part of new product development.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, with a keen interest in the latest industry trends and a strong desire to adopt new tools and technologies. The role will involve backend .NET application development on both PC and embedded Windows platforms, with a strong emphasis placed on development of communications and connectivity related solutions.
Perform software development to written technical specifications working within the company?s quality processes. Develop/Interpret written/verbal business requirements and technical specification documents and seek clarification as and where necessary.
Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates & techniques.
Maintain watching brief on development of new technologies, techniques and methodologies.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Travel as individual projects necessitate (minimal).
Ensure that he/she carries out his/her duties in accordance with all Company policies, procedures and processes
THE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have some of the below skills;
- The successful candidate will have excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate skilful application of the following core competencies:
- High motivation ? takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach
- Strong decision making ? effective in analysing situations, solving problems and clarifying/summarising key issues
- Strong interest in new technology ? makes appropriate use of tools and technologies to deliver optimal business solutions. Good awareness of the modern technology landscape
- Partnership and teamwork - actively engages and respects the diverse contributions of team, partners or networks. Able to work in teams of various sizes as well as individually on occasion.
- Self-starter - excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proactive with good prioritisation and work management skills. Comfortable presenting their ideas to peers and management.
- Flexible attitude ? willingness to be flexible to ensure delivery in demanding timescales.
- Rigorous attention to detail and a ?can-do? attitude with an ability and willingness to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a computing, physics or other relevant engineering related degree. (Significant industry experience considered in exceptional cases).
They must have some of the following technical experience:
- Minimum of 2 years hand-on experience of commercial C# .NET development within a busy team environment
- Experience of .NET development using Visual Studio 2012 / 2013 / 2015
- A strong knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of XAML, WPF, or Silverlight UI development using the MVVM pattern
- Extensive knowledge of the .NET framework (V3.5 and later)
- A full understanding of Object Oriented (OO) design
- The individual should have skills and relevant commercial experience in a minimum of fifteen of the following:
- Highly concurrent systems (multi-threaded and/or distributed).
- User interfaces design using Expression Blend. RDBMS, preferably SQL Server 2012 / 2014 and associated SQL query language.
- Software design patterns and industry best practices (e.g. MVVM, MVP, MVC etc.)
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of computing, e.g. logic, data structures, lowlevel architecture, systems infrastructure, etc.
- Communications and network fundamentals including Ethernet, IP, TCP and UDP.
- Serial communications e.g. RS-232
- Windows CE (Windows Embedded Compact)
- .NET Compact Framework Windows driver development
- Dependency injection / IoC containers such as Unity.
- Continuous build/integration and version control systems, preferably TFS.
- Multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
- Multiple programming languages (C, C++ etc.) Microsoft application development frameworks such as PRISM
- Iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, XP, RUP etc.)
- UML diagrams
- XML design, manipulation and query including XSD or DTD
- O/RM frameworks such as Entity Framework, nHibernate or LINQ to SQL.
- Advanced C# programming constructs such as LINQ, lambda expressions, generics, reflection etc.
- Virtualisation software such as Hyper-V, VMWare or VirtualBox
- Automation technologies such as WiX (Windows Installer) and NuGet.
- Logging frameworks such as Log4Net or NLog.
- Universal Windows Platform (UWP) TDD using automated unit testing frameworks such as MSTest or NUnit.
- .NET distributed technologies such as WCF & Web Services
- .NET Interop such as COM and P/Invoke
- Possess a relevant Microsoft technology certification Encryption mechanism (symmetric and asymmetric keys)
- USB driver development
- Source code obfuscation
- IoT, IIoT, Industry 4.0
- PLC programming and Industrial Ethernet protocols such as Modbus TCP, Profinet, EtherNet/IP, OPC UA.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493466