SAP BODS Developer
Job Title: SAP BODS Developer
Location - Birmingham
Competitive Salary and Benefits
About Capita | Service Birmingham
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Capita Service Birmingham is part of Capita Plc. Service Birmingham is the partnership between Birmingham City Council and Capita. The agreement was set up in April 2006 to support Birmingham City Council in changing the way it works, using Information Communications Technology to pave the way
This role will sit within the Business Intelligence Team reporting to the Data Services Team Lead. The role includes a number of responsibilities and encompasses a variety of skills related to the design and development of data warehouses and data migration jobs.
What you will do:
- Design, document and implement reporting data marts/data warehouse in Oracle using Business Objects Data Services (BODS/BODI).
- Design, document and implement data quality/migration applications using Business Objects Data Quality (BO DQ).
- Design, document and implement solutions using Business Objects Information Steward (BO IS).
- Work with Business Analysts and System Architects in the development of new solutions.
- Supporting existing (BODS/BODI) solutions.
- Experience of SAP Business Objects Design Studio.
- Ensure documentation is created, maintained and accurate.
- Ensure that best practices are followed during systems design and build.
- Ensure adherence to the Service Birmingham Release and Change process.
Your experience will include:
- Proven experience in the design/development and implementation of ETL processes for Data warehousing, Data Migration projects using Business Objects Data Services.
- Data cleansing experience using Business Objects Data Services and/or Information Steward.
- Ability to perform in-depth problem analysis across BI solutions.
- Must be able to maintain specialist knowledge that is accurate and current to be in a position to meet demands both current and anticipated.
- Must have good verbal communication to explain complex solutions to customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to write clear and concise communications.
- Must be a well-motivated team player.
- Has experience of BODI/BODS setup, installation and configuration.
- Development of real time jobs and working with XML files.
- Experience of connecting to a variety of SAP systems.
- Design/Development of fully specified and documented reports.
- Understanding of Enterprise-wide report delivery and portal technologies.
Personal attributes/other requirements:
- Strong technical skills.
- Technical innovator.
- Self- starter - ability to take an idea and run with it.
- Good communicator at all levels of organisation.
- Good presentation skills.
Key Words - SAP BODS Developer , BODI , Data Services,
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959499203