Senior Systems Engineer
Salary: £35k to £53k plus benefits depending on skills and experience
Contract type: Permanent
Number required: 1
The Systems and Safety team are responsible for the deployment of functional safety, systems engineering and cyber security expertise and tools across the business to deliver internal and external projects. These projects can involve a combination of engineering, consultancy, analysis, training, audit and assessment either directly to external customers or for internal product developments.
Our portfolio covers all domains of land-based transportation including automotive, commercial, off-highway and defence applications. With customers ranging from global vehicle manufacturers down to part-level suppliers, we take a pragmatic approach to scaling international standards and good engineering practice to an appropriate level for the individual client.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- User and systems level requirements elicitation, capture and management.
- Systems level architectural design.
- Concepts of linking and traceability of requirements to design.
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (dFMEA).
- Preparing or contributing to design verification plan and report activities (DVP&R).
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Requirements management tools (such as DOORS).
- Model based system design (UML, SysML) using Rhapsody or other modelling tools.
- Hybrid electric vehicle architectures and control.
- Design of systems at hazardous voltages.
- HiL, SiL, MiL based verification techniques.
- Autosar and/or distributed architectures.
- Other failure mode avoidance and engineering quality principles.
- Engineering process development and practical implementation.
- Exposure to process assessment schemes e.g. CMMI, ISO 15504 (SPICE).
- Trained as internal (or external) auditor.
- Developing and delivering training courses.
Essential skills for this role would include:
- Be capable of delivering a high standard of technical writing.
- Be capable of presenting technical information confidently to customers.
- Be a self-starter and able to execute designated tasks accurately and within timing and budgetary constraints.
- Have well-developed analytical skills - rigorous but pragmatic.
- Have good interpersonal skills - a consensus-builder, expressive but not confrontational.
- Be able to make justified technical decisions based on solid rationale.
- Be capable of technically managing a small group of engineers, tracking progress and budget spend.
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
- Good first degree (minimum 2:1) in electrical/electronic engineering, systems engineering or a relevant related discipline.
The candidate must be willing to travel and work flexibly.
The candidate is likely to be in a Similar role at an automotive OEM, Tier 1 supplier or in another similar industry. They are likely to be an embedded electronics or software expert looking to progress his/her career into systems engineering / model based systems development.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477564