Housing Lawyer (Disrepair Specialist)
Reed are currently on the lookout for a Housing Lawyer specialising in disrepair to join one of the leading housing associations in the UK. You may base yourself in either London Bridge, Chichester or Brighton for this role.
About the job:
The disrepair element is currently outsourced to an external provider; however they are currently looking at transitioning the disrepair legal service to sit in-house.
- You will need to be a qualified Solicitor or Legal Exec (Cilex) with solid disrepair experience (minimum of 2 years + in housing litigation)
- Experience acting for the landlord is essential
- Good working knowledge of the pre-action protocol of housing disrepair
- Dealing with all elements of housing disrepair from start to end (including costs)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Assertive and Confident manner
- Experience in using a case management system
- Highly organised with the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Manage case load effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong awareness of litigation risks and cost consequences
- Deliver strategic advice to the business on disrepair management
- Delivery of training
- Ability to read technical surveyor reports
- Previous experience of EPA 1990claim is essential
- Knowledge relevant legislation
The company offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual, such as the ability to work from home and other company locations. They offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits using their flexible benefits scheme, which includes options around Childcare, Lease Car, Gym Membership, Eye care, and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. They also offer a number of substantial Core benefits including an impressive Pension Scheme.
Please click apply now if you fulfil the above requirements.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498201