Siebel Release Engineer - Siebel, OBIEE
Siebel Release Engineer - Siebel, OBIEE
£50,000 per annum
Role Definition Statement
The Environments and Release Engineer is responsible for the build, maintenance and support of the organisations application computing environments (primarily Siebel, OBIEE, OpenText and Web). The position involves working directly with the Data, Development and Testing Teams supporting the initial requirements analysis and design, installation, code migrations / releases, ongoing administration and maintenance of the Application environments including readiness for development, testing and release stage environments and importantly Production.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Siebel experience of version 8.1.x and preferred 15.x.
- Strong experience of Siebel environment builds, installations, patches, upgrades and code migrations / release.
- Demonstrate experience of release automation; tools, workflows and scripting.
- Experience working with MS SQL Database Servers and Windows environments.
- Experience of application monitoring and maintenance tools.
- Good organisation skills with a logical, analytical approach to solving IT problems and the ability to prioritise work to meet demands and deadlines of both IT support and IT development
- Ability to work on your own initiative whilst at the same time adhering to strict IT policies and procedures
- Willingness to record, capture and document all tasks and projects without exception through the appropriate IT process/procedure.
Application Environment Administration and Releases
- Administration and maintenance of application environments (primarily Siebel, OBIEE, OpenText and Web), including maintaining system requirements; installing upgrades and patches; monitoring system performance, and maintaining hardware and software
- Ensure application environments are documented and maintained for all of the business? managed application environments (primarily Siebel, OBIEE Sun, IPOS, Bottom line etc)
- Work directly with the CIO Teams supporting the design, installation, and maintenance of the Application environments
- Maintenance of the Application environment versions and coordinate the maintenance and usage of application environments, including readiness for development, testing and release stage environments.
- Deployment activities across all application environments (i.e. Dev, SIT, UAT, Prod); Complete environment checks, perform code migrations and other deployment activities as directed by the approved application release notes and scripts ? e.g. Siebel repository export / import, SRF compilation, Schema changes, data transfer, generate browser scripts, transfer code/system files
- Support delivery of Release and Test Automation and drive continuous improvement in these areas.
Application System Admin
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support across the whole business controlled applications. Categorising, prioritising, triaging and progressing service requests, incidents, problems and changes which are logged with IT, in-line with industry best practices (i.e. ITIL)
- Troubleshooting of application problems related to the application environments, application performance monitoring and troubleshooting application issues
- Provided support to users in order to resolve system and application related issues, support to development, and testing teams
- Experience in investigation of application core crashes and identifying the root cause for crashes
- Coordinate and direct support from suppliers to deliver the end-to-end application support capability, ensuring end-users are regularly updated on progress against their service request /incident /problem /change request
- Ensure application system support and maintenance documentation is maintained and adhered to in-line with company IT standards and policies.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience then please apply with a most recent version of your CV and I will be in contact to discuss further.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495718